my I-485 case is weird

MMscar

Hi, everyone. I just report my case here and wanna share the info with you guys. My attorney filed the I-140 and I-485 concurrently on June 3rd, 2004 to Texas center. He used Atlanta address although I am living in Tennessee. I got EAD during August, 2004. Beyond that I did not receive any letter notice from Texas center so far.
In October, 2004 the online status showed that my I-485 was transferred to Atlanta local office for interview. While my I-140 is still pending until now. There is no fingerprinting notice or any other notice including transfer notice. I am confused. How come they transfer my I485 without any action of I140 or identity check? Why did not I take the fingerprinting first? I have never found such a case after reading a lot of threads in this forum. Thanks for any infomation.
Or just because the letter was missed in attorney's Atlanta address. Should I change address to Tennessee? My attorney suggest me to do that. But I am worried that the case may be further transferred to Memphis local office once my address is changed to my current one in Tenneessee. Any suggestions?

--------
RD 6/3/04
EAD 8/19/04
Transfer Date 10/20/04 (by website)

It happened to me also.

MMscar

I have attended AOS interview(Dallas Dist Office) on Jan 11 2005.Till now i did not hear any news from INS.In the interview the officer told me he is waiting for 140 and name check of primary applicant.
No good news on 140 or FBI name check.
Applied ead renewal at DDO and spouse got approved and my case was transfered to TSC.At last TSC approved my EAD.

140/485:ND mar 30 2004.
FBI mail: Jan 17 05. Waiting for response.
Contacted senetor and got reply:Application is in Quality Assurance Unit(QAU) and wait 90 days.I am not sure all the applications are in QAU or 485 application or 140 application.
I am planning to take info pass appt and find out the sts.
I am so frustated with TSC and DDO and FBI.
I think USCIS should not play with the life of ALIENS and american policy says some boby should be "Accountable".
Which agency should be "Accountable" for this and other(02,03 filers) ALIENS.

I suspect my mail was lost

Hi, lx kumar. Thank you for the info. I agree that sometimes the USCIS are pretty slow and unorganized. Have you got any I-140 news before your interview coming in Jan, 2005? For me I did not got any notice. The Online status shows only I-485 was updated at 1/18/05. The I-140 still stays at 6/3/04 and even never got updated.
I talked to other people. They told me that usually I-140 will be approved first, then I-485 is transferred to local office for interview if necessary. But my case is out of routine procedures obviously. I strongly suspect that my notice mail is lost since my attorney is using Atlanta address instead of my Tennessee one. I called 1800 phone number but there is just a long waiting. Does anyone know the Atlanta office phone number? Or should I make an Infopass appointment? I am planning to change address to Tennessee. Before doing that I just wanna confirm that my mail is not lost due to attorney's fault.