My I-485 approval letter says...

Rajan123

Registered Users (C)
HI! My I-485 approval letter says take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport and two ADIT style photogrphsto the local office...
My question is what is Form I-94? Isn't a arrival/ depature record??
Any clarification is appriciated!
Thanks
RAJAN

Rajan123 said:
HI! My I-485 approval letter says take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport and two ADIT style photogrphsto the local office...
Thanks
RAJAN

White slip that's attached to your passport along side visa stamping when you enter US......This indicates your maximum stay in US when on visa

Rajan123,

I-94 is a white portion that is attached to your passport when you entered USA last time. Yes, arrival/depature record is same as I-94.

What can you bring for stamping is:
1) two photographs,
2) your passport
3) your I-94
4) your EADS (both old and current EADs if available)
5) your AP (if available)
6) your I-485 approval notice
7) your driver license (security screeners need to check so they can let you in).
8) champagne bottle only at your home (to celebrate becoming an official US permanent resident. heh :))

Cheers!!

Rajan123 said:
Thanks
RAJAN

Can you pl. post I-485 RD/ND/AD and first few characs of EAC??

Thank you guys for the information!
Magician said:
Can you pl. post I-485 RD/ND/AD and first few characs of EAC??

EAC0305552XXX
Rajan
EB1-OR
I-140: RD-July 15,2002
I-140:AD-June 28,2004
I-485:RD(online)ecember 11 2002
I-485:RD(action notice):November 15 2002
I-485:ND(action notice)ecember 11 2002
IstFP-Feb 5 2003(LUD-Feb12 2003)
2ndFP-Sep 9 2003 (No LUD)
I485:AD-October 26 2004
Edit/Delete Message

Congratulatons!

Remember - the photos need to be passport style (full face) not ADIT style (3/4 face).

Rajan123,
If you had extended your H1 at any time, USCIS would have sent you an approval notice. Those approval notices have a Form I-94 attached at the bottom. This is something you are supposed to keep along with your other I-94s, preferably stapled to your passport. I guess you need to take those as well, for your GC stamping. Check all your H1 approvals - including extensions and any change of employment.

Just a question here. The stamp on my I94 expired yesterday (my h1 expiry date). I am continuing to work on a valid EAD. Would there be any issues at all at stamping time.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping it so it gets noticed

Just a question here. The stamp on my I94 expired yesterday (my h1 expiry date). I am continuing to work on a valid EAD. Would there be any issues at all at stamping time.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Yeppo,
Don't worry. As long as you have a valid EAD, I-94 doesn't matter as much, but make sure you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MBMseekingGC said:
Rajan123,
If you had extended your H1 at any time, USCIS would have sent you an approval notice. Those approval notices have a Form I-94 attached at the bottom. This is something you are supposed to keep along with your other I-94s, preferably stapled to your passport. I guess you need to take those as well, for your GC stamping. Check all your H1 approvals - including extensions and any change of employment.

I too think that I should take my H-1, I-94, along with the Arrival/Departure
record I-94 for PP stamping.
Rajan