My I-140 & I-485 approved, wife's I-485 still pending

I too got query for I-485 without FP!

My I-140 was approved on 07/26/2004

and I got query on my I-485 on 08/03. Responded to the query and I see online status updated to received your response.

Even in my case it looks to me like both I-140 and I-485 are being processed together as part fo pilot program or whatever.

Otherwise I had not even dreamt about I-485 as I just filed both concurrently on dec 13th 2003.

I am just keeping my fingers to see what I hear back.

nickearth,
I have had couple of my frds who got approvals without FP in CSC.
So I dotn think its a mistake or something.

Destiny

DOn't worry

nickearth said:
We filed our 485 together. In our receipt notice, both notice date and received date are same.

Your wife's 485 will be approved soon. My pure guess is your wife's name check/background check is around the corner to be completed soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
destiny said:
My I-140 was approved on 07/26/2004

and I got query on my I-485 on 08/03. Responded to the query and I see online status updated to received your response.

Even in my case it looks to me like both I-140 and I-485 are being processed together as part fo pilot program or whatever.

Otherwise I had not even dreamt about I-485 as I just filed both concurrently on dec 13th 2003.

I am just keeping my fingers to see what I hear back.

nickearth,
I have had couple of my frds who got approvals without FP in CSC.
So I dotn think its a mistake or something.

Destiny

Hi Destiny,

I was wondering if it is possible for you to provide me your friend's email or phone number so that I can find out how they have handled their case. I'll really appreciate your help.

lil_joe said:
If you don't mind, can you tell me which country u are from and what passport u hold?

May be ,if you hold a European ppt, we (desis) might understand about countryquota etc

I'm also desi yaar.

Same experience

Nick,

We also have the same experience. My AOS was approved last week after 12 months of waiting. But, my wife’s case is still pending with CSC though we applied together. My approval came well ahead of the posted schedule. At this moment, we are not able to file an inquiry till her case becomes overdue. I don’t know what we can do to speed her case up, or to understand why both cases were not approved together.

Xun

Question!

nickearth said:
Yes. Few months back, I did my FP for Canadian GC. As a matter of fact, We went Canada in June to get our PR Card.

I am the primary applicant and my wife the beneficiary of the 485 applications applied in Oct 2003.
We haven't received FP1 from VSC yet.

But my wife recently got a job for which her employer did a Fingerprinting and FBI check.

Will this have any effect(positive/negative) on our 485 process?