My I-140 & I-485 approved, wife's I-485 still pending

nickearth

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,
I can not believe that my I-485 has been approved along with I-140. My I-140 was approved on August 6th and I-485 on August 8th. Today I received my I-485 approval notice. I have been instructed to contact local INS office for further process. But my wife's I-485 is still pending. I'll appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

Good luck to you all. :)

Holy Smokes - That's unbelievable....Congrats - As for your wife's case - it'll come through - dude you've only waited 7 months - ccchhhhiiilllllllllll :D

nickearth said:
Hi Everybody,
I can not believe that my I-485 has been approved along with I-140. My I-140 was approved on August 6th and I-485 on August 8th. Today I received my I-485 approval notice. I have been instructed to contact local INS office for further process. But my wife's I-485 is still pending. I'll appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

What? Congratulations! Aren't you lucky? When did you get FP done? Are you EB2 or EB3? Wonderful.

My I-140 was filed as EB3 and No FP yet. In my I-485 approval notice, I have been asked to visit local INS office for finger priting and to sign I-89 form with my I-94, passport and two recent photos.

Congratulations nickearth.

is this something they are doing to expedite the 485 process? It cannot be an accedental approval because they have explicitly mentioned about the finger prints. what do you guys think??

nickearth said:
My I-140 was filed as EB3 and No FP yet. In my I-485 approval notice, I have been asked to visit local INS office for finger priting and to sign I-89 form with my I-94, passport and two recent photos.

Congrats ! thats really unbelievable.
Would you mind telling us about yourself ? I mean where are you from or your citizenship and what kind of company your are employed in is it a very big corp ?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first of all hearty congratulations to you. You should receie wifes approval too pretty soon or they may be sending RFE for something.

In any case, it is unbeleivable that you got approval without an FP !!! And there are people who wait endlessly to receive FP notices ot their FP and name checks to clear. Strange are thy ways CIS !!!! So this means they approved you without any FP and name check, so much for heigtened security checks after 9/11. I have nothing against you, but the way CIS works is sometime(most times actually) very very strange.

nickearth said:
Hi Everybody,

Congrats!
Did you apply to VSC only or CSC?
Which state are you from?

My case was filed at Vermont Service Center.

Regarding FP, I'm also not very sure how it is happened. Recently I have
provided my finger priting to FBI for different purpose and got clean report. I don't know if has to do something in my case.

My case was filed under EB3 category from very small company.

--------------------------------------------
I'll appreciate your suggessions in my wife's case.

nickearth is your I-485 approved on August 8th 2004.
because Aug 8th is sunday????

nickearth said:
Hi Everybody,

Congrats

Nickearth,
Hearty congratulations.

Did u file your wife 485 along with urs or did u add her as beneficiary later?

JSP said:
Nickearth,
Hearty congratulations.

Did u file your wife 485 along with urs or did u add her as beneficiary later?

We filed our 485 together. In our receipt notice, both notice date and received date are same.

nickearth said:
My case was filed at Vermont Service Center.

Regarding FP, I'm also not very sure how it is happened. Recently I have
provided my finger priting to FBI for different purpose and got clean report. I don't know if has to do something in my case.

My case was filed under EB3 category from very small company.

--------------------------------------------
I'll appreciate your suggessions in my wife's case.

Hi NickEarth,

Did you do FP for Canadian GC or something like that?(Bcos they also send it to FBI for verification)

Enjoy!

lil_joe said:
Hi NickEarth,

Did you do FP for Canadian GC or something like that?(Bcos they also send it to FBI for verification)

Enjoy!

Yes. Few months back, I did my FP for Canadian GC. As a matter of fact, We went Canada in June to get our PR Card.

nickearth said:
Yes. Few months back, I did my FP for Canadian GC. As a matter of fact, We went Canada in June to get our PR Card.

If you don't mind, can you tell me which country u are from and what passport u hold?

May be ,if you hold a European ppt, we (desis) might understand about countryquota etc