My I-140 got approved in 5 months!!

johndoe1688

hi all
Having regularly looked all the threads of I-140, I did not expect my I-140 will be approved this year. I filed the I-140 and I-485 concurrently in April 17th 2003, and got a RFE of I-140 (because my attorney screwed up my category, he filed EB-2 for me rather than EB-3) in May, replied the RFE in June 7th 2003. I just check the my I-140 status and it says my I-140 was approved in Sept 8th....
It seems now I have to thank my attorney for screwing up my I-140 category.... but I am not encourging you folks to follow the same path though, I might just be lucky...
good luck to all u guys..

Please...

buy a lottery ticket for me Mr!! I'll pay ya double the ticket price!
With your luck, I KNOW it will hit the jackpot!!
:)

Not a big deal.........the simple way to get 140 approved is to get an RFE generated. VSC cases of 140 with RFE get approved the moment they receive the reply for RFE and till now I have seen success rate at 100%

somani

its possible...
because for concurrent filres they check all the applications for the completeness at the same time but do not process them... johndoe was lucky to have it processed in the beginning itself.....

Before approving your EAD, they do a cursory review of you 140 and if they find anything missing, they generate and RFE. When you reply back to your RFE, they validate it against your I140 before going to your EAD and if during this validation they find that your I140 is perfectly fine (In 99% cases) they go ahead and approve it

New trend at VSC.

Somani,

Your theory does not apply to my case. (maybe it does if I am in your remaining 1%)

Replied to I-140 RFE in Jan/Feb 03 still waiting....

EB2 I-140, I-485 ND 12 Dec (around) with Labor substitution

Mehra,
Has your EAD come. If yes then your 140 will not come. I am seeing this trend for people who have filed around /from April 2003 and till now its around 99%. Anyway lets hope you get it soon. I think you should be looking around Jan2004 time frame

Somani

Keeping finger crossed!!

I am keeping my finger crossed. Per online, got RFE, but dont know details yet.

Somani,

Yes my EAD was approved... Actually, EAD renewal application is also pending for now nearly a month.... Lets see if renewing the EAD triggers any action on the I-140 application..