My husband hit me infront of the kids, and he is illegal in America will he get deported if i report

alisha510

I had a fight with my husband and he hurt me infront of the kids, and this was not a normal slap or anything, he shoved my head in the wall, kicked on my neck, broke my tooth, busted my lip and slapped me around like a crazy man.
I have two kids, 4 year old and 15 month old and they were watching. Anyways after all this i kicked him out of the house and its been two days now, he didnt try to contact us coz i had warned him if he did i will call the cops on him.
The reason why i havent called the cops yet is 1. i love him and cant get him in trouble 2. that he is illegal here and i think if i tell the cops what he did which was a lot of beating, he can get deported.
I want to find out if he will get deported if i file a complaint to my local police station or he wont. I dont know what to do, all i know is that he has an anger problem and if he finds out i called cops on him he can try to harm me even more after he gets out. so i want to just deport him and have nothing to do with him. and how does the criminal deportation process work? also do you think i will be involved in all of the process or my word will be enough?

Please no mean answers. Thank you

The short answer: If you file a domestic abuse complaint against your husband thereby where he is arrested, prosecuted and eventually convicted then he will become deportable. As a matter of fact, he's already deportable since he is without status. Now, being an illegal immigrant means in all likelihood he'll be picked up by ICE as some counties require police officers and courts to notify ICE of an illegal immigrant's status the moment they are arrested.

You knew he was illegal before you married him and now and I won't be surprised if you knew of his anger problem too. Why do you want him deported now that things have gone sour? Sad to say it but I cannot feel any sympathy for you.

I had a fight with my husband and he hurt me infront of the kids, and this was not a normal slap or anything, he shoved my head in the wall, kicked on my neck, broke my tooth, busted my lip and slapped me around like a crazy man.
. Thank you

whats a normal slap ?

or are slaps normal and as a husband the law gives you the right to slap your wife? hahhaa .... and yet you say you love him......

if you go forward with things legaly, there is no turning back and you cant be on this emotional rollercoaster. first decide what you want .... if he is deported american doors will close for him for ever

As a former police office and immigration agent, all I can say is be prepared for another beating. He isn't going to stop, especially if he is from a country where this is common place.

I have two kids, 4 year old and 15 month old and they were watching. Anyways after all this i kicked him out of the house and its been two days now, he didnt try to contact us coz i had warned him if he did i will call the cops on him.
The reason why i havent called the cops yet is 1. i love him and cant get him in trouble 2. that he is illegal here and i think if i tell the cops what he did which was a lot of beating, he can get deported.
I want to find out if he will get deported if i file a complaint to my local police station or he wont. I dont know what to do, all i know is that he has an anger problem and if he finds out i called cops on him he can try to harm me even more after he gets out. so i want to just deport him and have nothing to do with him. and how does the criminal deportation process work? also do you think i will be involved in all of the process or my word will be enough?

Please no mean answers. Thank you

After you report, he can't make you suffer any more,

Before deport, he has to be stay away about 1 miles or 2 miles from you according to US laws, as far as I know.

After deport, he can't come back US any more.

So, decide your self very wisely every steps you take.

The short answer: If you file a domestic abuse complaint against your husband thereby where he is arrested, prosecuted and eventually convicted then he will become deportable. As a matter of fact, he's already deportable since he is without status. Now, being an illegal immigrant means in all likelihood he'll be picked up by ICE as some counties require police officers and courts to notify ICE of an illegal immigrant's status the moment they are arrested.

If he is here unlawfully then he is already deportable. The criminal arrest will possibly bring his unlawful status to the attention of ICE agents who can issue him an NTA and begin the removal proceedings.