My Green Journey is about to end!!!

duggils1

Registered Users (C)
After a long and suspense filled journey of almost 4 years(7 years if you include my earlier attempts), this thriller is entering the climax scene. Barring any unforeseen twists, we should receive our cards soon. Just in time to make the new year a little peaceful! "The Green Journey" beats any Hollywood thriller I have ever seen/lived:D

Earlier this morning my wife received the "card production" email. 3 hours later I received my magic email as well. Now the wait starts for the physical card to arrive in the mail!

I was drafting a letter to the vice president this morning when we received my wife's email. So I abandoned the letter. I was going to ask for his help to get my application assigned to an officer. Per TSC Lady as of 12/28/07 my case is still sitting on the shelf even though NC was cleared on 10/16. It appears that the info provided by the TSC Lady is not always accurate.

Finally, props to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for sponsoring this great forum. And sincere thanks to all the knowledgeable members and moderators of this forum. I learned a lot about(not by choice, mind you) the US immigration process from this board.

It has become a habit to check this board at least once a day(weekends included). In some ways, this information overload can be a negative as you attempt to correlate other members' case statuses/updates with your case.

But for the most part that kind of analysis is a waste of time as it boils down to only one thing- LUCK. Either you have it or you don't. Overall, this board is a must read to everyone who is going through the immigration process.

PD 1997...Wow! Congratulations!!! I just posted in your other thread that you must have been approved too.
You are going to have a very happy new year... no doubt :)

Per TSC Lady as of 12/28/07 my case is still sitting on the shelf even though NC was cleared on 10/16. It appears that the info provided by the TSC Lady is not always accurate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats!!

Your comment gives me some hope. I called TSC twice and male IO told me that my case is assigned to an officer. Later I called again and female IO replied that my case is still on the shelf.

Welcome notice email received

Just received the step2 email from CRIS ... routine email but wanted to update the forum.

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 2, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.