My GC approval experience

sanjayindia

Friends,

My long wait since RD July 2003/ PD Jan 2002 has finally ended. I got an email saying that my case has been approved.

I would like to share with you my experience that may have helped me get my case approved. I called USCIS couple of weeks ago regarding expediting my pending EAD application. After getting a negative response about my EAD, I mentioned to the lady that my I485 was pending for over 4 years now and wanted to get an update on that also. She checked that status and said its pending name check and there's nothing she could do about it. She said the case is "alive" and I need not worry.

I made a follow-up appointment using INFOPASS to see if I could request in person about expediting my EAD since my existing EAD was about to expire and I had not applied for renewal 90 days prior to the expiry date. The officer told me he can't do anything about my EAD till 90 days have passed the EAD RD. Disappointed, I mentioned to him about my I485 and told him my sad story of my wait for over 4 years. He did some check and he was surprised that it was taking so long. He said my case was submitted to the FBI for security check in Aug 2003 and USCIS was waiting to hear back from the FBI. Then he pulled out a folder and gave me a slip with the FBI email address. He asked me to email the FBI at that address and request to either expedite of get an update on my name check.

I sent the following email to "fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov"

Officer,

I have my "APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS" (I485) pending with the USCIS since July 2003. I was informed by a USCIS officer today during my INFOPASS appointment that my case was submitted to the FBI in Aug 2003 and is awaiting results of Name check from the FBI. The officer advised me to email at this address and request to have my name check procedure expedited if possible.

It has been over four years since my petition was filed and I was wondering if your office could please review my case and expedite the process if possible. My wife's petition which is dependent on my petition is also pending. Details of our petitions are as follows

My petition
First Name: x
Last Name: x
Date of Birth: xx
A Number: xx
Case type: I485
Received Date: 24 July 2003
Email address: xx
Phone number: xx

Spouse petition
First Name: x
Last Name: x
Date of Birth: x
A Number: x
Case type: I485

Sincerely,

x
x

I sent this email on Sep 6 2007. Today (Sep 17 2007) I open my inbox and I see an email from CRIS. Assumign it was about my EAD, I was happy that my EAD was finally approved so that I did not have my miss any employment time. Casually I open the email and I see that its about my I485 and it read that my I485 was approved.

So my suggestion to anyone who's I485 has been pending due to name check for a long time is to email the FBI at "fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov" with your A numbers and other basic information. I think that did the trick for me.

Sorry for my long email, hope this helps,

Thank you for sharing

Congratulations!
I just found out I have been stuck in name check for 3 years. Thank you for the information. I just sent a email as well. Hope it helps.

sanjayindia,

Thanks a lot. Will appreciate your valuable inputs.

Enjoy your newly found freedom.

Regards

sail1

Congratulations sanjayindia. Enjoy your freedom.
Do you have any FBI contact number to call.