My Friend got Duped

eBhola

Registered Users (C)
One of my friend called in a couple of mins back..
He shoped for labor ... I wonder why he had still 2 years to go on H1b.. Paid in excess of $3500... just for the labor..

I never knew people shop around for labor...

Now he found out that .. the company (desi) had applied for 4 -- I140 on the same labor...

How come this can be true ?

Any idea guys how can this be done

If companies dupe guys like this, why it is never discussed in public domain.

Thanks
eBhola

it happened to my friend also. this fu..desi company bast..ds will do anything to get money. we have to be really careful with these FAH..

Labor

One of the Desi Company called me and wanted to sell the Labor, their terms and conditions were:-

1)One has to deposit 10,000/- and 3 months of salary as security, until you get your GC.

2)If you leave in the Middle you loose your Deposits.

3)They will fist apply for I140 only and after that is approved then only they will file I-485.

4)Category will be EB3.

5)Their Attorney will file the Petition; because they will not give there company Info to your Lawyer.

6)One has to look for the project by them selves; they will only assist in finding a project.

7)One will only get max of 70% of the billing rate with no benefits.

That is how mid to small DESI Companies are.

Last edited by a moderator:
boniji said:
One of the Desi Company called me and wanted to sell the Labor, their terms and conditions were:-

1)One has to deposit 10,000/- and 3 months of salary as security, until you get your GC.

2)If you leave in the Middle you loose your Deposits.

3)They will fist apply for I140 only and after that is approved then only they will file I-485.

4)Category will be EB3.

5)Their Attorney will file the Petition; because they will not give there company Info to your Lawyer.

6)One has to look for the project by them selves; they will only assist in finding a project.

7)One will only get max of 70% of the billing rate with no benefits.

That is how mid to small DESI Companies are.

Even with all these things people go and join them. Hope at least PERM will remove these weeds.

I140 Rfe

Hi,

My company filed I140 with substitute labor.Now I got RFE on I140. USCIS are requesting for original labor. How do i find out my labor is not substituted for some one else.

Thanks

Need Help

Sorry to hear that.

God knows for how many people they must have used the Labor if at all they have done this.
Ask the Lawyer, how dumb he can be who has filed I-140 without using the Original Labor, ask if he has the original Labor certificate or not, If he does not then it becomes a little bit of foul Play.

I140 same labour

Hi Boniji,

My husbands employer is an indian company and they do what you mentioned. The company has filed my husband I 140 6 months back. We recieved 140 reciept number too. Is there any way that we can know if the petition is still active and the company has not withdrawn our I140 petition and sold it to another consultant.

-- Selva

I-140

Hi Selva:
Sorry to hear that:

1) If you have the receipt number of I-140 you can go and check at the USCIS web site, it will tell you the status of the application.
2) If you guys have filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently then as soon as I-140 is Withdrawn, Revoked or Denied, your I-485 will be Revoked no matter what.
3) I read in the forum that these things are happening at a very high rate these days.
4) If you find this thing than you can sue that guy on more than one charge.

I-140

Hi Slowjoe

Normally the Cheap Lawyers say that, "Because of ------ reason I have lost the Original Labor Certificate, So I will request a duplicate from the Labor Department".

Your question should be; where did you get the photocopy from if you have lost the Original?

This takes time and some time they miss the RFE Response date too.

selvakumar said:
Is there any way that we can know if the petition is still active and the company has not withdrawn our I140 petition and sold it to another consultant.
-- Selva

Was it a concurrent filing? If Ur I-140 is approved -- U should consider AC21 imdly.

E-Bhola

Hello every one,

One question on the same topic. My I140 was applied four months back with the substituite labor and recently it got approved. I have two questions

1. Can my employer sell/use the same labor for any one else?
2. Can I do any thing to not to use the same labor for others?
3. If yes is there any way to find?

Appreciate your help..

GCDeewana

Labor Substituition

UnitedNations,

Can you please answer to the below questions if possible.

My I140 was applied four months back with the substituite labor and recently it got approved.

1. Can my employer sell/use the same labor for any one else?
2. Can I do any thing to not to use the same labor for others?
3. If yes is there any way to find?

Appreciate your help..

Regards,
GCdeewana

I-140

Once the application is approved they cannot use the same labor for others, unless the I-140 is revoked but if I-485 is more than 6 months old, Company can not even revoke the I-140 (Approved or Unapproved) application.

BEWARE! Labor Substitution Ban Soon

USCIS/DOL is currently (12-May-05) reviewing a proposed regulation to ban Labor Substitution and also to require an employer to file I-140 within 45 days of labor certification. So beware and do no shop for Labors.

I think the 140 can be revoked within 6 months of 140 approval even if 485 is pending for morethan 6 motnhs.

correct me if i am wrong.