My friend comes under LA area, can he go to

raj12

Santa Ana office to get iEAD or not. He requested me to post this question, as he is having problem in posting the messages,

do you think if he reach by 8.00 AM, there won`t be a long line like

in L.A., one has to take original receipt notice or duplicate copy of the same is sufficient, and anyother photographs is required

I would appreciate your help in this regard.

Santa Ana

I went by 7 AM there were about 40 people ahead of me any case b4 6 is nor required like in LA.
Copy of original 765 recipt notice is okay
Photo will be taken there.
IBIS check is conduted while you wait there.
Parking is free opposite the building.
First stand in Queue out side the building with filled application 765 and copy of reciept you will be given token # after they check if your application is in order at 3 rd floor and asked to go to 5th floor.
at 5th floor there is seating and token # appears on screen and you can go to the counter and give the application and the guy will take it and ask you to wait.
after that he will call you by name again and ask you to wait for your name to be called for photo on the opposite side of the room.

once your name is called for photo they will take it and in 5 mts give you the EAD card after taking your fingerprint right there.

I went in at 8 am came out at 1030 am.

Is Santa Ana office at 34 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana?

Did you get your iEAD recently? since someone said they didn\'t get heir iEAD on the same day becuase of IBIS check. What is a IBIS check?

My RD is 03/28/02. Do you think they will give me one at 06/27/02 next Thursday? Because there are 31 days in March and May?

I just got an offer and have to start on July 01, 2002 (it is a contract position). any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

yll02us, on 6/20, my friend got iEAD which is valid for one year.

We got Santa Ana INS around 7:00am yesterday. At 9:00am his
application got approval after one hour IBIS check(I guess).
The officer let him come to get iEAD about 11:00am. All happened
on the same day.

We went to LA INS in May. The officer didn\'t issue iEAD on that
day. She said, wait for notice/message at home. My friend got
notice, but appointment day is in July. So we went to Santa Ana
INS yesterday and he got his iEAD. It\'s not crowded in Santa Ana
INS.

GOOD LUCK.

Thanks Guys!! my mail is yll02us@yahoo.com

But I\'d need advice on which day to go. My receipt date is so close to the offer day. It is a contract job and they insist me starting at July01 :(

I got iEAD card for 8 months today -- thanks you alll.

I just got my work permit successfully at Santa Ana
INS office. I got up at 5:20am and waited
to enter the building at 7:10am (There were a long
line waiting outside). Got my ticket(number) at
8:00am.
The number was called at 9:30am. They did one-hour
IBIS security check (new for EAD). Took a photo and
got my card at 11:10am.

There were five open windows. The lady who took care of my case was not happy that I came in today, because she shook her head and said that "you should come tomorrow". I said "it is already 90 days, there are 31 days in march and may." she still shook her head and made no comments. Then I said that " i got an offer ..." She shook her head and said something like "that cannot help". So I thought I have to come tomorrow. But then she said " Only 8 month ... " then she processed the application and I got card for 8 months!

I feel so happy. The iEAD card is looking like a real one with photo and it is plastic. I don\'t know if I will get an EAD later or not.

From the experiences I had, it looks like they didn\'t count extra day in the month. and the earliest day you may go is the ND date + 3 month.

Hope this may help some people later.And thanks for the people who replied my post. Good luck to us all!

cheers!

what time?

Hi - did you get there at 5:20am or 7:10am? I am going on Monday, and it is exactely 90 days. It doesn\'t say that it has to be a full 3 months, it definately says 90 days so they could not of made you come back. Good thing you persisted, that is what I am going to do if they give me a hard time on Monday!

get there at 6:40am, the door opened at 7:05am, get in at 7:10am

When I got there at 6:40am, there were about 30 people waiting outside. It was Thursday, they only work for half day.

Generally, the people (guards, officers) there are very nice. But you definitely want to get a male officer to take care of your case. That\'s just my opinion. Because when I got my ticket, a male officer check the date of my I765 receipt and he didn\'t say anything. But he did rejected a girl eariler becaue her receipt date is not early enough. I heard him told her to come in on July 2nd, which made me very nervous. But he didn\'t say anything about my case ...

Good luck to you!