My FP story in TEXAS; center VERMONT

Sapper Abapper

Hi guys. I would like to present my FP experiences here. Hopefully this will clear a lot of questions who I have seen people ask here before. My filing center is VERMONT.

1. Me and wife\'s RD July 10, 2001 and ND Aug 28, 2001.
   EAD received on Sep 8th for myself and Sep 10th for wife.
   AP received on Oct 2nd, 2001 for both in single envelope.

2. I lived in SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS while filing 485.

3. Now moved to DALLAS, TEXAS.

4. FP notices received on Oct 29th 2001 to DALLAS address one day apart for me and my wife. Remember DID NOT notify INS of address change. Mail was forwarded to new address. Don\'t get paranoid about INS mail not being forwarded. If you did it with the post office then you will get it.

5. FINGER PRINTS done for me and my wife on Nov 15th, 2001 yes Nov 15th, 2001 in DALLAS, TEXAS. I had no intention of getting it done earlier but my employer found a project in CALIFORNIA and I thought I will give a try.

6. Went to DALLAS INS office at 7.45 am. Pretty decent sized 100 people line. INS offices for FP are open from 8 am to 4 pm Tuesday to Saturday. They ARE OPEN ON SATURDAYS.

7. Stood in line and filled out a form and gave both our notices. Took EAD and PASSPORTS along with drivers licenses. Looks like EAD is a superior document. Once you show that they no longer look at other documents.

8. Out by 9.30 am

9. A guy in our line had bruised fingers. The FINGERPRINT agent looked at him and asked him to come back once they are healed. The guy said he had an appointment that day. The agent said that you can take it within 90 days of the DATE on your FP notice. So folks who cannot make it the appointment date do not panic. Just show up within 90 days.

10. Nov 17th, 2001 on my way to CALIFORNIA, covered 1450 miles by car.

Hope this helps to all waiters because I had many of these questions but did not ask anyone about this.

it is nice posting !!!

Thanks for posting in such detail...
I know many people are really afraid of the points which you have raised in your posting but I hope this will give some relief to all of us..

?\'s for you.

Hi,

1. What was your FP Date?

2. If you lived in TX, is\'t you filed your I-485 in VSC, NOT in TSC?

Thanks
Princess

Reply to Princess

Sorry I thought I posted this but my original FP scheduled date is Nov 28, 2001 11.00 am in San Antonio, Texas. My company files for everybody in VERMONT. My project was in San Antonio during filing of my 485.

Thanks for sharing inf and question

Your posting helps lot of people in this board. Thanks again.
question is : My company is situated in NY. My Lawyer usually will file I-485 depending on candidate\'s permenent address. In two cases he filed at vermont by mistake though candidates permenent addresses are Chicago. Afer 2 months and before getting fingerprints notice these 2 cases were tranferred by vermont to Nebraska. these people got fingerprints from Nebraska SC.
Other case from florida based company got I-140 approval from texas. His Lawyer filed at Vermont as his permenent address is in NJ. I guess you might have given your permenent address as your comapany address.Can u see an clue with your case as it is different from normal????.

Thanks, I got my FP done today per your posting

Thanks Sapper,
         I was waiting to see anyone in Dallas got the FP done in advance, your post gave me the confirmations, and moreover thanks for the sharing info about the center working hours. I went today (Saturday), and finished FP in advance (scheduled next week). You saved me a half of working day next week. It is good that ASC opens on Saturday too.

Again, thank you very much for the info.

I\'m confused here.....regarding filing center.....(in response to vj123 posting)...

I thought filing center (INS Jurisdiction) is based on the sponsoring
employer address and NOT on employee address. Am I right ? OR
am I missing something here ?

Sample Example:
-------------------------
Employer based in New York.
Employee based in San Fransisco.

so, filing center in this case would be VSC and not CSC. am i right?

Reply to Magnum and vj123

Magnum, I am no expert at this but I think you r right. It all depends on the employers address. It has nothing to do where you live or where you want it done. For example all RAPIDIGM and MASTEK guys get it done through PITTSBURGH, PA for labor and VERMONT for 485.

My company is based in FLORIDA and I keep moving to different locations on assignments. But they always file in VERMONT.

No Title

Based on the information I have -The filing of the I-485 works like this:

Either it can be filed based on where your I-140 was approved OR
based on where you(employee) are currently residing.
So either way it should work fine.
BUT ofcourse we are talking about the INS....so nothing is sure.

In response to magnum

I gave my coleagues information working for the same company , cases transfered to NSC by vermont service center.

As far as i know in your sample example the filing center is CSC. But many people have different experiences.
now what i am thinking is i am not 100% correct.

i know one more case he is from Mastech residing at chicago filed in Vermont Service Center but supposed to be filed at nebraska as per my previous idea.