my father getting deported in 3 days any help is appreciated!!

485GCCase

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My father landed from India to USA today. His tourist visa got revoked. He is to be sent back to India on Tuesday. They have kept his passport with them. It was my mistake as I did not apply for extension last time. I have US citizenship.

is there anything I can do to save his visit? Any lawyer that could be contacted?

Would highly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

Is he being kept at the airport? Or they kept his passport but let him go?

Hello,

My father landed from India to USA today. His tourist visa got revoked. He is to be sent back to India on Tuesday. They have kept his passport with them. It was my mistake as I did not apply for extension last time. I have US citizenship.

is there anything I can do to save his visit? Any lawyer that could be contacted?

Would highly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

He was deported and his visa was cancelled for 5 years according to what was written in the passport. Could he apply again for the tourist visa? Which is better applying for tourist visa or green card? If GC, then how long it would take from India? Thanks.

You are posting this in multiple posts. Please try not to do that. Once only in one place is usually sufficient.

It sounds like your father overstayed his previous I-94 by more than 180 days, and therefore got his visa revoked and barred from entry for 5 years. If this is the case, there's nothing you can do until the 5 years run out.