My experience with iEAD

js8309

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to share my experience with you folks.
My EAD was expiring last week. I had applied for renewal in December (over 90 days). My plan was to go to the local office (Arlington) and get an interim EAD if VSC didn't approve my EAD in time.
After reading this forum, I realized that it may take upto a month to get an interim EAD in Arlington. My employer is a small company so they were clueless and asked ME how I want them to handle this. My wife works for a fortune 20 company and her legal department told us that as long as she applied for renewal within the projected approval time (which is 90 days), she is fine. According to them, they understand that USCIS is taking very long to approve EAD applications and that VSC approves EADs back to back if applied before the projected approval time.
Just to be on the safe side, we went to Arlington office on a Wednesday afternoon when they have a "walk-in" and got our iEADs within 3 hours.

I recently moved and called USCIS to update my address. At the end of the call, I casually asked the officer about our EAD applications. I didn't tell her that we already got our iEADs. She said that since it has been over 90 days, I can go to the Arlington office and get an iEAD. I was about to thank her and hang up when she said "you know what, we schedule appointments for this center". That came as a surprise to me. I told her I will look up my calendar and call back to schedule an appointment.

js8309,
Thanks for posting your iEAD experience at Arlington, VA. This is really helpful. I guess I have to go next month. Could you please let us know the documents they asked for?
Appreciate it.

documents

letsgetit,
we took all our receipts (EAD/485), SSN card, DL, old EAD but all they asked us was our EAD receipts.