My experience to share

messup

Registered Users (C)
I finally got my plastic card 2 weeks ago, which is one month after my interview. The whole journey took 21 months, all because of a
stupid mistake of NSC.

My RD is in June 2001 and ND July 17 2001. In June 2002, we received a REF for my husband's LC and I-140 approval notice.
But you know what, I am the primary applicant. My lawyer replied with an explain that there may be a mistake about our cases.
and wait about one month, they transferred our cases to local INS(Denver). They just did not even look one more time about our files.

I read some cases in this forum and had an idea that about 4 weeks we should receive the interview notices. But we wait about 7 weeks, still no notice. So we went to the local office and waited 6 hours to receive an answer: We recieved your cases and now they are very busy, it may take 24 months from the ND.

That's OK, so we went home and cancelled our trip back to my hometown in December. That was September 2002. But in January 2003, I found 2 cases in the forum that were transfferred
in January 2003 to the same local office as min and processed within one month. I was shocked and went to ins office and was told that they are going to schedule an interview in summer and they are very busy. I noticeed that they post the processing time for I485 in there office and processing time is only 10-15 months from ND. I asked IIO my case has been pending for 20 months, much lnonger that what they post. The officer just say they are busy,not even listen to me any more. After 2 weeks, I found another case that were processed with a month at the same office after transffered. I was kind of thinking they may put my case in 2002 quene, not 2001.

I went again and asked directly if they put mu case in 2002 shelf, not 2001(my ND). This time the officer checked a little more careful and told me they put my case in the wrong shelf, they are going to move my case out. And I asked again about my fingerprint, she checked again and gave an notice to do the fingerprint again immediatly.

And we had the interview in 3 weeks, I had my passport stamped and received the plastic card one month later.

But my hasband is still waiting for FBI clearance. It has been one and a half month. I am going to query again till 2 months. This time I am going to ask if they forgot to send my husband's case to the FBI to do the check.

CONGRATULATIONS!
I really admire your persistance in straightening up your cases!
You go girl :) :) :)!
All the best to your husband's case. May he get his approval very soon!

You definitely deserve the card. Admire your strength and courage and best wishes for your husband's case.

I have to admit that you are very gutsy and admirably pachydermal (no offense meant).

It would be very interesting to hear from any persons whose cases have been bungled by the service, that have chosen to make a formal complaint to the inspector general for redressal. I noticed a link to this process somewhere and was just wondering if it made any sense at all to go down this route.

The horror stories that one hears around here cannot be very consistent with the governing processes, however bureaucratic they may be, of a developed country that claims to give credence to individual rights and due process. There must be some checks and balances in the system that are perhaps not made use of by the immigrant community for fear of reprisals.

The only not-so-common avenue of redress that I have come across in these forums, other than to contact the concerned senator (and there are conflicting opinions expressed on the efficacy of this), is for an applicant's lawyer to take up the issue with the AILA's representative at the service centers, and this is obviously available only to people who have lawyers and further only to those that are awaiting a decision from one of the service centers. Does the AILA have representatives at the local INS offices as well?