My experience of calling TSC today (05/02)

aaa85

Registered Users (C)
I am one of the old timers, who has seemingly qualified for all the criteria to get my 485, at lease processed:

RD is 02/18/2005, way out of processing time;
EB-1a category, so no visa number problem;
RFE response received by TSC on 12/13/2007, so it has been more than 60 days that TSC is supposed to process your case after they receive RFE response.
Name check has been pending since 03/05, it has been more than 3 years so it is supposed to be done by now based on USCIS/FBI April memo.

However, here is my experience calling TSC;

First called TSC via POJ method, reached an officer after 10 min holding (not too bad), however, just after I said I would like to check status of my case..., she interrupted me (she was very very rude) and asked me to call 1-800 number to start Service Request and even gave me a referral number.

Then I called the 1-800 number and reached to a very nice lady. Once she saw the age of my case, she told an Service Request is useless and she is going to do someting different by transferring me to "an upper level of officer". This lady cannot help me much but she is very nice and has tried her best.

Then I was connected to the so-called "upper-level" officer. This officer's attitude is between the first two, very neutral. She took lots of information from me and my case, however, it seems even this "upper-level" officer does not have much detaiiled information on why my case is delayed. Well, finally, guess what, she start a Service Request to the TSC... -- I could simply just have this done without all the previous efforts... Now I need to wait 45 days before I can call again...

Now it seems the TSC officers are the people who can really help you, IF you are lucky to get a nice one.

Will try Infopass next week, even though it is only slightly better.

I am one of the old timers, who has seemingly qualified for all the criteria to get my 485, at lease processed:

RD is 02/18/2005, way out of processing time;
EB-1a category, so no visa number problem;
RFE response received by TSC on 12/13/2007, so it has been more than 60 days that TSC is supposed to process your case after they receive RFE response.
Name check has been pending since 03/05, it has been more than 3 years so it is supposed to be done by now based on USCIS/FBI April memo.

However, here is my experience calling TSC;

First called TSC via POJ method, reached an officer after 10 min holding (not too bad), however, just after I said I would like to check status of my case..., she interrupted me (she was very very rude) and asked me to call 1-800 number to start Service Request and even gave me a referral number.

Then I called the 1-800 number and reached to a very nice lady. Once she saw the age of my case, she told an Service Request is useless and she is going to do someting different by transferring me to "an upper level of officer". This lady cannot help me much but she is very nice and has tried her best.

Then I was connected to the so-called "upper-level" officer. This officer's attitude is between the first two, very neutral. She took lots of information from me and my case, however, it seems even this "upper-level" officer does not have much detaiiled information on why my case is delayed. Well, finally, guess what, she start a Service Request to the TSC... -- I could simply just have this done without all the previous efforts... Now I need to wait 45 days before I can call again...

Now it seems the TSC officers are the people who can really help you, IF you are lucky to get a nice one.

Will try Infopass next week, even though it is only slightly better.

You know these USCIS high-school drop outs are real idiots. Instead of flipping burgers they managed to get job at USCIS.

i had similar experiences with phone officers in texas. They are extremly rude and are no help at all. With all the money we pay them, you'd expect some service or at least some manners.

i had similar experiences with phone officers in texas. They are extremly rude and are no help at all. With all the money we pay them, you'd expect some service or at least some manners.

What do you expect from these high-school dropouts ( instead of going for burger-flipping , they came for these jobs . ) ?

I read one post by someone that after three service requests, they cannot issue any more and have to approve with 60 days after the third service request.. So just don't forget to call after 45 days and open another one. and probably in next 4 months you will get GC
I am one of the old timers, who has seemingly qualified for all the criteria to get my 485, at leas... it is only slightly better.

Are name check pending applications put in a different queue ?

I have India EB2 PD in 2002 and RD 2006 , but stuck in name check. I see a lot being approved from the same category with later PD/RD than mine. That fuels my suspicion that the name check stuck applications are put in a different queue to be looked at.