My Early FP2 experience and FP2 Q & A

RD2426

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I did my early 2nd FP this Saturday. I see quite a few questions on 2nd FP on the forum, so I thought I’d share my experience and whatever I know related to 2nd FP.

Q --> Should you go for early 2nd FP?
A -->To all you guys wondering whether or not you should attempt for an early 2nd FP, my advice is, YES you definitely should try. I mean, if your approval doesn’t come sooner because you did your 2nd FP early, at least you’ve had something done and out of your way.

Q --> Will they let you do it?
A --> All depends on factors such as number of appointments they have at that time, the mood of the big fat lady at the entrance (although I had to wait all day, in all fairness, I should say she was good to me :) ) etc. I think the biggest factor is the number of appointments they have at that time. At first she clearly said NO and said that they already have too many appointments and if there were less crowd, she would let me go. So the trick is to wait, watch and then make your move when there are fewer people.

Q --> Does your online status get updated when BCIS sends you the 2nd FP notice?
A --> No, doesn’t look like it does. Mine did not and I have yet to come across a case where it did.

Q --> So when the hell does it get updated?
A --> Normally, and I stress the word “Normally”, it should get updated when the BCIS receives result of FP check (or Name check, whatever it is called) from the FBI. There are cases where in the BCIS received the results from the FBI, but the online status did not get updated.

Hope this information will be of help to someone.

Ok guys, now I have a question. Is there a difference between the FP on the computer VS on the FP card (the old way of doing FP)? My FP1 was done on the computer (well, scanner technically), but this time the guy did it on the FP card, I guess because all the computer stations were occupied. I asked the guy if there was any difference and he said no they were the same. Did this happen to anyone? Does anyone know whether this affects the time it takes to send the FP to FBI and results back to BCIS?

Actually the norm is that the status message doesnt get updated after FP2. Ours didnt get updated after FP2 although it did after FP1.

Regarding your last question i think the only diff b/w manual and digital is that manual takes a few weeks longer to reach them. The reason I know is that when we did FP1, my prints (primary applicant) were digital while my husband's were manual. When the status was updated online, my husband's "FP received on" date was a couple of weeks later than what it said for me.

hope this info helps.

Feb-O-Two: I have seen the online status message change after FP2. It changed for few of my friends and a cousin who did FP2.
Thanks for answering my question.

sen_gc: It was around 1:15 PM.

True - it does change for some people, but from my experience over the past few years and from what my lawyer says, it seems like the norm has been that the status doesnt change. It probably doesnt matter either way, as long as they do something about it eventually!!!

RD2426,

What reason did you give for an early FP??... I was there too on last saturday waiting to get my 2fp done, since the man at the door would not let me in until 9:30 am i had to get back..( i have an infant).. What was your schd. date??..

Can you suggest the best day and time of the day to get it done?.. Will going on a weekday in the afternoon help??..pLease reply..

BTW, Thanks for sharing your exp. i am gaining some confidence to try it too..

Last edited by a moderator:
RD2426,

Thanx for sharing such a usefull information. I received my 2nd FP notice and scheduled for 1st week of Jun. I was asked to go
to local Application support center at Newark, Commerce street.

Infact I was wondering If I can go for early FP2. Few questions if you dont mind.

1. What do you think, going to early FP2 is a negative or postive or normal impact on the case.

2. where did you go for early fp2 , in newark ?

3. when lady said, no you cannot go due to rush. then did you decide youself to wait and try may be after 2 /3 hours ?

4. since it was saturday, there might be too much rush. how about if I go on week day ? will I have less rush or more ? just need your idea !...

Thanks again.

what happens?

when you give FP with out notice? I went to local INS for my interim EAD and explained that I've been waiting for second fp notice for ever. Then those kind ladies took FP in Jan month. But for all my lawyer inquiries and expedite request, they always said FP's are not current and USCIS system does not show our FP. Is the notice necessary for FP to reach the file of yours in INS, OR do they go by just A#? I aprreciate some light on this..

Thanks.

V32:
I told her that I wouldn't be in the country around the time my FP was originally scheduled (1st week of June). She said in that case I should fill out the form at the bottom of the notice to reschedule and the next available appointment will be after September because they are full until then. There was one other desi guy trying for early FP, he gave the same excuse. I am guessing most people give the same excuse. Maybe you can come up with something better :) Also be prepared to wait for several hours. Look at my response to Sky_Drow's question # 3.

I have no idea how many appointments they have on weekdays. So I won't be able to answer your second question. Maybe someone else can throw some light on it. But if you work close to that place, why not just drop by on a weekday and see how things are. If there are less people, give it a shot.

Sky_Drow:

1. I don't see how an early FP can have negative impact on your case. As far as positive impact is concerned .... I have read on this forum that few people got approved in couple of weeks after getting their early FP. And there are people who've been waiting for months. So it's really hard to tell. But here's my take on this .... if your approval doesn't come sooner because you did your 2nd FP early, at least you've had something done and out of your way.
2. Newark.
3. When she said "NO" I didn't push her too much coz I didn't want to piss her off. And so I decided to wait.
If you are trying for early FP then be prepared to wait there for several hours, just in case you have to. I was prepared to wait there all day. Wait + time to get it done took about 6 hours.

3. Look at my answer to V32's second question.

Vinnu:
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone else can answer it.

Hope this helps guys.

RD2426

Thanks for sharing your experience which really gives me some hope that I should try again this Saturday. Coz being a contractor myself, I don't want to donate my one day salary to this stupid INS.

In your case, when she said No, and it is not possible to do early FP, you just stepped aside and asked her again later? When we went at 3 PM, believe me the office was literally empty. Nobody was sitting in that waiting area. If you could give me more details that would be really helpful.

Thank You

RD2436,

Thanks for your response...

RD : Jul 2002.
ND : Jul 2002.
FP1 : Sep 2002.
FP2 : Scheduled Jun 04 1st week.

Another success story of FP2 @ newark..

Thanks RD2426

My Wife's FP2 was sced. on 5/28.. We would be out of country for an unavoidale job..

After reading the post by RD2426, she was determined to ttry the same way.. So today she along with our 10 month infant reached INS by 7:00 am and was there until she was allowed to FP by the manager which was around 1:30 pm..

This is how it goes..
1. You must be ready to spend a whole day there.
2. Determined to stay in the office, whatever they say..do not give up!
3. DOn't push the officers too much..
4. Try to approach the officer when there is absolutely no crowd.

She was waiting around 6 hours for a positive reply..The security officers are extrememly good..esp.. the guy, i guess his name is Eric..

One more incident she happened to see there..

An Indain guy, also wanted an early fp. So he kept on insisting the officer to let him in..He said he wanted to go to the rest room and after he went past the security officer, he began asking help from a supervisor inside..

The security had to forcible bring him out.. he did not wait for long enough though..

It seems they had to turn down people y'day and the officer told her that she cannot get it done becoz they would be seen first, but there was absolutely no crowd in there, people were just walking in..

Thanks RD2426, your story gave me confidence..