My EAD Expires

Venkat Kammari

My EAD expires on August 28 Applied for Reneval on June 14th.
I have not received receipt so far. What I have to do if I dont get MY EAD reneval by Aug 28. Is there any way, I can continue to work.

thanks in Advance.

Venkat.

EAD Renewal

Generally, if you have sent your EAD in (something you should have done 90 days prior to expiration), then you\'re most probably going to have to wait for 90 days before you can do anything. Also, generally EAD renewals take about 60 days - but it doesn\'t seem to have happened in your case. If you don\'t get your renewal in time, then you can risk continuing to work with your employer, or if you have a valid H1, use that, or if not, then go to your local INS office and hope to get it renewed on the spot. if you live in NJ, then Newark is a tough office. If you live in any other state, then you hvae a decent shot of getting your EAD renewed on the spot.

No Title

I went to the Arlington VA office a month before the expiration date but was sent back and asked to mail the application.

My EAD expires in Dec 14, 2001

My EAD expires in Dec 14, 2001.
Can I send the renewal application myself or I have to send it thru a lawyer? Anyone knows how
complicate or simple it is to get it renewed? Thanks for any help.

My lawyer told me to do by myself

It is pretty straight forward application. I spent some time in figuring out the category though.

can you please let me know which form I am supposed to fill out?

Which form? And where did you get if from? INS web site?
Thanks.

I-765 & Signature Card

You can always download the I765 from the INS web site www.ins.usdoj.gov. But you will have to either call or go to the service center to obtain the card. I got the complete application package from the local service center.

It is really simple...

Just follow the instructions on the form. Need to get pictures (instructions on form), signature card from local office, $100 check etc.

thanks. one more question.

Since my EAD expires in Dec 14, 2001. Should I wait till September to file the application or should
I do it now. I have some hope that my case be reviewed soon (ND = Oct 10, 2001), but at the
same time I want to file the renewal before 90 days. Thanks for all the help.

You can use RD

Hi,
YOu can get a EAD from your local INS office after the present EAD expires (not a single day before). Also, if you have applied for a renewal and recieved a Receipt of your application, you can use that as a proof of EAD and don\'t need to do anymore. Your employer can contact your attorney, who can testify to that fact.