*** My EAD approval + Power of Congress Men ***

dsatish

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Yester day i saw the real power of congress men. As you all know, i had problems with my EAD renewal due to VSC clerical mistake and their stupid rule (setting the clock to zero when they issue RFE). My wife works in a small local bank and the Manager felt very bad about our EAD renewal issue. She (Manager) asked the President of the bank (sits in the same building) if he can help us by talking to any influencial people. Luckily he happens to be a friend of the congress man Eric Cantor (District 7, VA). So he contacted the Congress man and the congress man agreed to help us :) So myself and my wife went to the congress man's office on Friday morning and talked to his assistant . She told that she will talk to VSC and get back to us. She infact called my wife on Friday afternoon (just 6 hours after we talked to her) and told us that she talked to VSC about my issue and VSC has instantly approved my case (EAD). It was unbelievable turn of events. My status got updated on the web site on Saturday. I might receive my card in about a week's time (barely before the deadline). I am almost sure that VSC would have slept over my file if the congress man did not help me (When the congress man's assistant talked to VSC officer, the officer told her that he will immediately approve my case. He did not tell her that the case was scheduled to be approved next week or so).

I am really sorry that i could not use that chance to give our petition to the congress man. I told the assistant that we have prepared a petition and i would like to meet her again to give that petition. She agreed for that. In future i will meet her (along with couple of others from this forum)and submit out petition. Atleast she knows me now and that might help us. So to fight the backlog, the best route is talk to our congress men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, dsatish,
It's so great to hear that you got your EAD approved with Congressman's support.
Originally posted by dsatish
... So to fight the backlog, the best route is talk to our congress men.
I strongly agree with you.
If everyone in this forum would go to Congressperson's office, our petition goals must be achieved.
-kashmir

congrats!

great, now you'll have your EAD before your old one expires.

as for the congress/senator help, yeah, they could do a lot of powerful thing if they want to. only thing is mostly they do NOT care for us.
:confused:

Service error can always be used to expedite the case.

If everyone of us here approach their congressman/woman then all our objectives of our petition will be achieved easily. But everyone has to do that,

Great

great. Congrats!!.
I guess your congress mans office received nice flowers from you guys.

Great! Congratulations.

This shows that if a congress member is willing to help. USCIS will listen.

I faxed our petition to all 11 VV representatives including Eric I. Cantor.

Please go ahead and present our petition to him again, giving him the second dose.

Just want to let you know that i have received my EAD cards (renewal) on 11/17/03 (just 2 days before expiry of first EAD).
congress man ko salam (hats off to my congress man).