• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

MY DREAM COMES TRUE .. Point of entry

asdf2007

Registered Users (C)
HI EVERY ONE ..
I AM HERE IN THE COUNTRY OF FREEDOM

My point of entry was washington DC.
it was a long day more than 13 hours flying
and i am here and thank you for every thing .. for all the help that i got from this fourm and for your support and info.

now .. after this .. what i have to do ..
can any one help me with this ..

thank you in advance ..

Congratulations and Welcome to the USA!

If you ask me what to do when someone get to the U.S:
1) Find a place to live (apartment, condominium, or even a house if you can afford it).
2) Establish a US bank account
3) Get a SSN from the local Social Security office
4) Start looking for a job or school (whichever you have planned)
5) Get a driver license or ID from the local DMV (even if you don't drive, a Driver license or ID is necessary in the U.S for identification)

The rest...enjoy your life in the U.S!!! and don't let this period of bad economy in the U.S affect your life. :)

Congratulations once again!
Visit me next time you come to Florida...lol..

Good list Gerindo. However, it might not be a bad idea to go to the SS office right away, since (if I remember correctly) sometimes you need a SS# in order to get a bank account+ drivers license etc. (at least it makes it much easier).

Also, if you are planning on getting a job right away, I would probably start looking for jobs. Sometimes it takes a while for an employer to call you for an interview.

HI EVERY ONE ..
I AM HERE IN THE COUNTRY OF FREEDOM

My point of entry was washington DC.
it was a long day more than 13 hours flying
and i am here and thank you for every thing .. for all the help that i got from this fourm and for your support and info.

now .. after this .. what i have to do ..
can any one help me with this ..

thank you in advance ..

Congrats! Are you planning on staying in DC? I am heading to DC in 4 weeks! I am flying into Dulles on the 8th of September.
Where are you from?

Now you have to jump on the capitalist train and secure employment, I have it all to look forward to!

Don't forget your health insurance....the last thing you want is to start collecting medical bills!!!

Things do adds up once you get to the U.S. The U.S is a very expensive place to live. It is even more expensive if you get sick. I remember my first time in the U.S. They told me that try not to get sick in the U.S because the U.S is the most expenisve place to get sick.

Scooby is right, Insurance is very important. I learned my lesson the hard way by not having the right insurance in the U.S. Not just health insurance, dental insurance, car insurance, life insurance, property insurance, etc. Those are all needed if you don't make a big hole in your wallet when unexpected things happened to you.

Most Americans live in debt their entire life and they are struggling to pay it off their entire life. I'm just warning you. Putting everything on credit is an incredible bad habbit that most Americans like to do. It is one of the cause why U.S economy is a mess right now. Try to save as much as you can. Don't be alarmed if biills start comming and adds up every months. Spend wisely and make an investment if you can

Have a great time in Washington DC. It is a beautiful city. One of my favorite place to visit. Many great museums and monuments where you can learn a lot about the history on how the U.S was build. :)

Last edited by a moderator: