My dad got his citizenship

foxytone

Registered Users (C)
I must say that I am impressed with how fast the New York service area is moving. Here is a timeline for my dad.
Sep 19, 2005 received date and priority date
October 22, 2005 Fingerprinting in Brooklyn, NY
March 3 2006 interview (he missed one question)
March 4 2006 Oath and Citizenship received.
A total of 6 months.

Fast indeed!

NYC is processing apps at light speed indeed. My mother's was done in 14 months, my sister's in 12 months, mine at 8 months and my Dad will appear for his interview on March 9th, he sent in the N400 app only 4 months ago!

I had my oath on March 3rd and was amazed at how efficiently they conducted the ceremony with 300 new citizens! Imagine having each appear at the processing area twice! The efficiency costed 3.5 hours.

Your dad had his oath and received his citizenship on a Saturday?

roxded said:
I had my oath on March 3rd and was amazed at how efficiently they conducted the ceremony with 300 new citizens! Imagine having each appear at the processing area twice! The efficiency costed 3.5 hours.

Speaking about efficiency, check this out: I had my oath also on March 3rd, in LA.
There were...5,000 people and I came in at 1:00PM and at 3:07PM when I've checked my watch, I was out driving on Pasadena Freeway ;)

Wow!

5,000 people in 2 hours; that is no joke. How did they manage handing out the certificates?

Yes he had his interview the Friday and the next day Saturday he had his swearing in for 1 o' clock. my dad said that his group was the third and last group for that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
roxded said:
5,000 people in 2 hours; that is no joke. How did they manage handing out the certificates?

There were 62 tables with numbers. The numbers covered were from 1 to 999, and each table had a range of 20 numbers, for example my table was, if I remember correctly 531-550. Everybody was supposed to go where the last 3 digits of the A# was matching the table numbers. I had last 3 digits, 540. At the table, the CIS officer, collected the Oath letter, and in a plastic file s/he had the certificates, very easy to locate them.
It took us a longer time to go inside and to be seated than to get the certificate and leave. :D