My Columbus Ohio DO Experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9jaMan

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, i went for my interview yesterday. it was unevenfull.I actually got there an hour before time since we had snow storm here {so as not to be late}. the IO swear me in {oath}. Asked me for my greencard and passport.went through the application. He only asked me for my sellective service card to verify and then ask me some question { member terrorist group etc}. He told me to sign in like 4 places my full name and then stated the reading question

THEY CAME TO LIVE IN UNITED STATES {i wrote it}

THEY CAME HERE TOGETHER{I READ IT OUT}.

1. what does the stars represent
2. how many states are in the union
3.who is the head of federal executive gorvenment
4. what is the most important right to us citizen
5.who is the current vice president
6.who is the governor of ohio.

After getting the six right he gave me the congratulation and recommendation letter. Said i should be able to hear from them within 45days depending on the court.
I guess i have to queue on line then.The IO was very nice and welcoming. He actually told me to move my chair closer to him and was discussing about politics and if i would go back to my country to be the president.
thats my experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats 9JaMan on your sucessful interview!

We just had our interview today.....overall experience was similar to 9jaMan's above. Simple 6 or 7 questions and got the congratulations letter. Oath letter to be expected in about 4 weeks. Most likely to be scheduled for oath some time in April.

The IO was very nice...she said we usually have about 2 oath ceremonies a month...sometimes more based on the federal judges' schedule.

Wow!

Wow Unbelievable! Congrat!

Less than three month for the whole process. You guys are really really lucky. We have people waiting for more that two years. You guys probably set the record. Well Good luck and enjoy life as a US citizen.
:)

Congrats 9JaMan on your sucessful interview!

We just had our interview today.....overall experience was similar to 9jaMan's above. Simple 6 or 7 questions and got the congratulations letter. Oath letter to be expected in about 4 weeks. Most likely to be scheduled for oath some time in April.

The IO was very nice...she said we usually have about 2 oath ceremonies a month...sometimes more based on the federal judges' schedule.

congratulations.
Wow. your time line is just mind blowing. Fantastic. Very impressive.
Although you applied 10 days after your wife, incredibly both of you got interview on the same date!

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats haymyth and 9jaman. Guess I am the only one that had a bad experience in columbus. I got an asian lady for me and had the Written decision sent to you instead of congrats. My wife got a different officer and she got the congrats notice. this was two weeks back. planning to go and find out with an infopass.

Thanks guys. I believe evrybody will be fine. I just hope we dont have to wait forever for oath ceremony.

Congrats 9jaMan and Haymyth! My "initial" timeline is similar to Haymyth and it did continue somwhat for my wife. Her interview is next month but I GOT STUCK in namecheck!!!!

My Case Approved

Good news all!!!! My case has been approved. I checked today with infopass in the columbus office and the officer said my oath ceremony was scheduled on april 9th and I would get a letter 30 days before that. They only have 4 ceremonies per month and he said if people cancel, we might get to do that earlier. I am just so glad as it has been tough the last two weeks thinking about what I might have said wrong. My interview was on 1/31/08 and my N400 date was 8/13/07. RD was 11/15/08

LegalAlien2

I so feel for you and you know why ... your counting days .. stop doing that. It will drive you crazy !!!!
Just a suggestion !! Your time will come when you least expect it ;)

Thank you all for your guidance and support!! Good luck to everybody who is waiting!!!

vj1234, did you find out the reason that you got the "written decision will be sent to you" letter instead of the congrats at your infopass? When they initially did that, did they say in how many days you will be notified?

vj1234, did you find out the reason that you got the "written decision will be sent to you" letter instead of the congrats at your infopass? When they initially did that, did they say in how many days you will be notified?

no i didnt ask anything about that. at the interview the lady said i will get a notification in mail within 120 days.

no i didnt ask anything about that. at the interview the lady said i will get a notification in mail within 120 days.

Did the interviewing officer mark " B - a decision cannot be made at this time" or mark "written decision will be sent to you"?