My citizenship :)

faten

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys I am soooo happy. Yesterday I went to my interview and I passed and I got the ceremony appointment after 20 days.

My interview was at 8:20 in Buffalo. I arrived one hour early, my house one hour away from Buffalo so left my home too early around 6:30. The officer called my name at 9:00. The first thing she asked to was to swear to say the true nothing but the true. Then she asked me if I want to change my name, I said no. She asked me : I saw in your birth certificate you were born in North Yemen, and in your application you wrote in Yemen. I said: I was born in Yemen there is no north or south.
After few seconds she asked me: can you vote now? I questioned: Do you mean vote for federal election? She said : yes. I answered : I can't vote if I am not a citizen. She said: Did you vote before? No was my answer.
Then she said: your husband is in Yemen. I said: No he lives in Qatar.
I was worried about my three visits to my country, but she did NOT asked any question about it.
After that she asked me to read a line and then to write a sentence, and then the 6 civil question.
Then she gave me the result paper with the check mark next to congratulation!. She went to another office and gave me the ceremony appointment :). I said thank you. I left the office and I SCREAMED in the waiting area and hugged my mom.