My Cincinnati DO Interview Experience

riokitty

Registered Users (C)
I had my citizenship interview yesterday (02/14/08), and I received the congratulations letter that my case had been recommended for naturalization. The interview time was at 3:10. I arrived at the office at about 2:15. I was called in at about 3pm. The IO swore me in and had me sit down. She asked for my green card and passport. I gave her the green card and a full photocopy of my old passport which I haven't been able to replace yet. She asked why I didn't have my actual passport (Nigerian passport) and I explained that story to her and she joked that it was a good thing I was going through this process and could hopefully soon get a US passport. She spent quite a few minutes flipping through my entire file (made me wonder what she was looking at/for as she kept going back and forth). Eventually, she began verifying the information on my N-400 application which went through pretty smoothly and quickly. After she seemed satisified with that, she began the civics questions:

1. What color are the stars on the US flag? White
2. Who becomes President if the President dies? Vice President
3. How many US Senators are there? 100
4. What is the name of the group that advises the president? Cabinet
5. For how long are House Representatives elected? 2 years
6. What are the three branches of gov't? Executive, Legislative, Judicial

Then she had me read in English one of the questions that were printed as part of the 10 I had to answer. I can't recall the exact question now.

Then she had me write out "This is a very big red dog" on a piece of paper.

And then she said congratulations and that she would be recommending my case to be approved and gave me the form that was checked congratulations. She did mention that they still had to complete one security check - I'm not sure what that is or if I should be worried about that:confused:. But she said to expect an oath letter within 90 days (hopefully, not that long :)).

So there's my info for reference to others. My timeline is also pasted below. Has anyone else been told about this security check after passing the interview???

same Civic questions

I had my citizenship interview yesterday (02/14/08), and I received the congratulations letter that my case had been recommended for naturalization. The interview time was at 3:10. I arrived at the office at about 2:15. I was called in at about 3pm. The IO swore me in and had me sit down. She asked for my green card and passport. I gave her the green card and a full photocopy of my old passport which I haven't been able to replace yet. She asked why I didn't have my actual passport (Nigerian passport) and I explained that story to her and she joked that it was a good thing I was going through this process and could hopefully soon get a US passport. She spent quite a few minutes flipping through my entire file (made me wonder what she was looking at/for as she kept going back and forth). Eventually, she began verifying the information on my N-400 application which went through pretty smoothly and quickly. After she seemed satisified with that, she began the civics questions:

1. What color are the stars on the US flag? White
2. Who becomes President if the President dies? Vice President
3. How many US Senators are there? 100
4. What is the name of the group that advises the president? Cabinet
5. For how long are House Representatives elected? 2 years
6. What are the three branches of gov't? Executive, Legislative, Judicial

Then she had me read in English one of the questions that were printed as part of the 10 I had to answer. I can't recall the exact question now.

Then she had me write out "This is a very big red dog" on a piece of paper.

And then she said congratulations and that she would be recommending my case to be approved and gave me the form that was checked congratulations. She did mention that they still had to complete one security check - I'm not sure what that is or if I should be worried about that:confused:. But she said to expect an oath letter within 90 days (hopefully, not that long :)).

So there's my info for reference to others. My timeline is also pasted below. Has anyone else been told about this security check after passing the interview???

even though we had our interview at different district officesfrom different service center I was asked the very same first 6 questions as yours!!!!however, some people in my same district office had different questions asked!!!! it looks like the system generates them at random but in the same blocks of ten. good luck and I hope you have your oath very soon. They were not able to make a decision on my case yesterday so I got the N-652 item B checked and passed english, civics and government test. good luck!

andrews , were you told (or do you have an inclination as to) why a decision cannot be made in your case. I've seen many cases where the peitioner was on student visa (F1) at one point in time and therefore 2 (dual) A# were generated. In these cases, the petitioners files need to be reconciled. If both files happen to be at the same service center, the process is very fast (it takes a few days here in Ohio). on the other hand, if the files happen to be at different centers, you are looking at a longer time frame.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Andrews. I hope you get a positive decision on your case very soon! Goodluck to you as well.

I hate to ask this same question again but do you know why a decision can not be made ?
In your Signature it says "Past Membership"

Would you mind explaining that ?

Congrats RioKitty!!!

Atleast somebody posted a successful interview from the Cincinnati DO.... Yay! Usually, I don't hear anybody from Cinti, though I've see some cases from the Columbus DO recently. My wife has an interview in a couple of weeks and I'm still waiting......

do dual A files, but worse???

andrews , were you told (or do you have an inclination as to) why a decision cannot be made in your case. I've seen many cases where the peitioner was on student visa (F1) at one point in time and therefore 2 (dual) A# were generated. In these cases, the petitioners files need to be reconciled. If both files happen to be at the same service center, the process is very fast (it takes a few days here in Ohio). on the other hand, if the files happen to be at different centers, you are looking at a longer time frame.

I hope this helps.

thanks a lot for your response, look at this post for a better explanation

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=245585&highlight=communism