My children's FP notice

koenig

Registered Users (C)
I am a bit confused as to what is going on with our case

My wife and I did our second FP/biometrics on 02/04 and I was starting to get concerned that no new FP notice had arrived. I looked at some threads yesterday trying to get a grip on the situation, and what my next steps should be.

Lo and behold in the post today were two letters from USCIS. But they were for my 8 and 9 year olds! They have never had their biometrics taken.

I know this at least means our files are being looked at, but can I look further into it and hope, like others, that our I-485 approvals are around the corner?

I am EB3 (India) and my priority date is October 2001. Our cases were amongst the ones which languished at the Miami office after being mistakenly sent there.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Koenig

It is a good sign and likely your namecheck hurdle is crossed and barring Visa numbers you are very close to approval.

I had called NSC last week about my child's FP and was told that those will be sent once my case is closer to approval.

Good Luck.

I am a bit confused as to what is going on with our case

My wife and I did our second FP/biometrics on 02/04 and I was starting to get concerned that no new FP notice had arrived. I looked at some threads yesterday trying to get a grip on the situation, and what my next steps should be.

Lo and behold in the post today were two letters from USCIS. But they were for my 8 and 9 year olds! They have never had their biometrics taken.

I know this at least means our files are being looked at, but can I look further into it and hope, like others, that our I-485 approvals are around the corner?

I am EB3 (India) and my priority date is October 2001. Our cases were amongst the ones which languished at the Miami office after being mistakenly sent there.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Koenig

My wife and I had Code 3 Biometrics done on June of last year, almost 2 months after filing the I-485. Our 13-year-old daughter never got a notice for biometrics until yesterday; she got an appointment to do Code 2: picture and index finger-print.

Last week we learned from senatorial inquiry that I'd cleared the FBI namecheck, so I think the kids getting biometrics appointments is positive. Does anybody feel different?

....13-year-old daughter never got a notice for biometrics until yesterday; she got an appointment to do Code 2: picture and index finger-print.

Last week we learned from senatorial inquiry that I'd cleared the FBI namecheck, so I think the kids getting biometrics appointments is positive. Does anybody feel different?

NIW_Engineer - we received an ASC FP notice for our 10 yr old daughter today too!

I heard a month ago my background check was still pending. So your news about your FBI namecheck and kids biometrics appointment fills me with hope that we'll see approvals soon!!:)

I'll add my daughter's details to the TSC tracker and update if we hear more..

oh OK, thanks.

Well, I just called TSC and asked about it. The lady confirmed I had cleared FBI background check and said that they were really just waiting to get my daughter's biometrics to order the cards together (the whole family).

So... kids biometrics after a long wait? DEFINITELY a good sign.

I'm glad I started this thread now. looks like a child FP notice is a welcome messenger in these dark days of retrogression.

Good luck to all.

oh OK, thanks.

Well, I just called TSC and asked about it. The lady confirmed I had cleared FBI background check and said that they were really just waiting to get my daughter's biometrics to order the cards together (the whole family).

Are the centers open for finger printing on Sat. or Sun.? Can we go 1 week earlier then arranged date?

I'm glad I started this thread now. looks like a child FP notice is a welcome messenger in these dark days of retrogression.

Good luck to all.

I'm not so convinced its a good sign.

AggieCh had biometric notice for his/her child in March 06. Still no 485 approval. (See http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1621041&postcount=7

gcisoming also had biometric notice for his/her child in Oct 06. Still no 485 approval. (See http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1621073&postcount=3503)

Yeah, I saw those posts from AggieCH and gciscoming... a bit discouraging. However, I did talk to the TSC person and she said they were waiting for the kid's picture and fingerprint to order the card, so let's see.

Actually, she said.. "we just need that so that the next time the case is reviewed, the biometrics are there and the cards can be ordered". I should've asked when would be the "next time the case is reviewed". Looks like they operate in some kind of cycle mode

Last edited by a moderator:
I am optimistic

Myself and my spouse gave FP in June. I got FP notice for my son (12) in Dec. On Mar.1st I got the FP for my younger son (8). I just went to the ASC on Mar 2nd though the scheduled date was much later. They took his index FP and photo. I saw a LUD in his case the same day. I am optimistic that this is a good sign. I think all of our RD's are very close and they are processing cases around this RD. My RD is May 3rd. So far my last LUD is Aug.7th. I hope all our cases will be clesred very soon. Good luck and best wishes.:)

I'm not so convinced its a good sign.

AggieCh had biometric notice for his/her child in March 06. Still no 485 approval. (See http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1621041&postcount=7

gcisoming also had biometric notice for his/her child in Oct 06. Still no 485 approval. (See http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1621073&postcount=3503)

I agree. The biometrics of children is probably does not signify any good movement in 485 cases. They have started issueing the biometrics for kids. I applied for my 485 on 02/15/07. Our biometric (code 3) appointment is on 03/07/07. On 03/01/07 I received a letter that my 7 yr old has to go for biometrics (code 2) on 03/08/07. I will try if they will take all of us on 03/07/07. If not then I will have to go again on 03/08/07. I don't think getting a child biometrics means that my security check is cleared.

I agree. The biometrics of children is probably does not signify any good movement in 485 cases. They have started issueing the biometrics for kids. I applied for my 485 on 02/15/07. Our biometric (code 3) appointment is on 03/07/07. On 03/01/07 I received a letter that my 7 yr old has to go for biometrics (code 2) on 03/08/07. I will try if they will take all of us on 03/07/07. If not then I will have to go again on 03/08/07. I don't think getting a child biometrics means that my security check is cleared.

federalway just posted on the TSC tracker forum that his EB2 485 case was approved today!.. His 10yr old child also received their biometrics notice a few days ago.

Is this a coincidence??:confused: I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out.

I wish it was true, because my 4yo just received FP notice too. We'll see what it really means in 2-3 weeks. Good luck to everybody!

Just some more info from my lawyer:

When dealing with the USCIS... there is no positive indicator as to what they are doing when processing AOS applications. For children, the USCIS typically does not request this aspect of the processing to be completed until it is near the end of processing or after the approval has been made. However, as I mentioned before, this is entirely speculation and from our side, there appears to be no rhyme or reason for the initiation of biometrics for minors.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone!

i totally agree with the above posting. however, i still want to add to my wishful thinking that USCIS would not bother to spend effort, time and cost for children's biometrics if issuance of cards is still uncertain within the near future. my children 9, 7 and 4 y/o were called for code 2 biometrics last week while my husband and i went for code 3 last november. i figured code 2(picture, index finger and signature) is used for ID, as my code 2 biometrics was used for my EAD card. lets wait and see, hoping for positive confirmations about our speculations.

After back from ASC, I checked the case status and found my child's LUD was updated. But the status information is still the same as before. It seems FP for children doesn't mean something as we expected. Hope I'm not right.

How about yours?

no lUD change

After back from ASC, I checked the case status and found my child's LUD was updated. But the status information is still the same as before. It seems FP for children doesn't mean something as we expected. Hope I'm not right.

How about yours?

My daughter had her finger printing today and no LUD changes.. I asked the lady "why at this time you are asking finger printing for kids.... she says... this is just to capture all informations in the system and all service centers are sending notice for finger printing... this does not mean your name check is complete.. This has nothing to do with NC for the primary applicant.....

soooooooooooooooooo,,,,, in short it is an eye wash from USCIS....don't get fooled by children's finger priting notice.....

My daughter had her finger printing today and no LUD changes..

My daughter's fingerprinting was taken today at about 1:45pm. I checked the case status at 2:50pm and no LUD. However by 3:25pm there was a LUD but no change in status information.