my case was transferred to BCIS, (Newark). Anyone can tell me what it means?

elmz

Registered Users (C)
I recently find clue about my case from immigration.gov online, my case was transferred to BCIS. :(

"On April 3, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to another BCIS office for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. That office will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

Anyone ho has the same experience?

Thanks

Hi elmz,
It happen to many. The case is tranferred to a local office for interview. You will receive a letter from the local office with an interview date and documents to bring with you. If you are lucky maybe they will stamp your passport the same day that you have the interview.
"485 issues in Vermont Service Center", check in this forum and you will read cases of others that also have been transferred.
Relax, it has happen to many of us.
Good luck,
Malda

Thanks, Malda

Hi, Malda,

Thank you very much for your information, that made me calm now.

Thanks

Originally posted by malda
Hi elmz,
It happen to many. The case is tranferred to a local office for interview. You will receive a letter from the local office with an interview date and documents to bring with you. If you are lucky maybe they will stamp your passport the same day that you have the interview.
"485 issues in Vermont Service Center", check in this forum and you will read cases of others that also have been transferred.
Good luck,
Malda

I got the notice of interview

Hi, Malda,

Last month, I got the notice from local office in Newark(NJ), the interview scheduled on May 19. Passport and I-94 are required to bring to the office.

I have no idea if I can get I-485 approved or not. Anyone who heard some guys got refused?

regards,

EL MZ

Originally posted by malda
Hi elmz,
Good luck,
Malda

My case was also xferred to Newark local office, along with spouse's case. I got married 2 months after filing 485 and spouse case was filed 3 months after.

Online case status is slightly different than those posted in these forums. Not sure if this would lead to an interview:

On May 8, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for processing. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

You may get notice around 5-6 weeks after May 8, 2003, maybe on June 12-19. hopefully earlier than this date. Good Luck!

Originally posted by randu2001
My case was also xferred to Newark local office, along with spouse's case. I got married 2 months after filing 485 and spouse case was filed 3 months after.

Online case status is slightly different than those posted in these forums. Not sure if this would lead to an interview:

On May 8, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for processing. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

In some posts, the message clearly says that local office will schedule an interview. In my online case status(posted above) it simply says xfered for processing. My concern/question is: Does this type of message means something different or is it just that BCIS re-phrased their xfer statement. I received the xfer notice from NSC yesterday and that also simply says, your case has been xferred to Newark office for speedy processing.

I called NCSC today:
Q. My case was xferred from Nebraska to Newark. What is the current processing time in Newark for I-485 applications ?
A. 8 months

:confused: :mad: :eek:
Hopefully they won't take 8 months:rolleyes:

Hi,

I really do not know why it is 8 months, perhaps they mean your case will be approved and got your GC in 8 months. That may be reasonable. I got notice on April 3, now I have an interview on May 19, coming monday, they may approve my case immediately or let me wait for another 6 months to get the GC, or I got refused.

I was told by friends that you will have your formal card 6 months after you got approved by the interviw. Some said 6 months needed, some said 2-3 months. I will see what will happen to mine.

I can feel they are speeding processing recently in this year.

regards,

Originally posted by randu2001
In some posts, the message clearly says that local office will schedule an interview. In my online case status(posted above) it simply says xfered for processing. My concern/question is: Does this type of message means something different or is it just that BCIS re-phrased their xfer statement. I received the xfer notice from NSC yesterday and that also simply says, your case has been xferred to Newark office for speedy processing.

I called NCSC today:
Q. My case was xferred from Nebraska to Newark. What is the current processing time in Newark for I-485 applications ?
A. 8 months

:confused: :mad: :eek:
Hopefully they won't take 8 months:rolleyes:

elmz, thanks for the response. Please post your interview experience with Newark. Awaiting your good news.