My case transferred to local office

senpal

Registered Users (C)
Myself and my wife's case has been transferred to the local INS office (Milwaukee, WI) on 11/06/2002 according to the online status. The status says "the local office will contact you once a decision has been made".

Can the local office make a decision without calling for an interview ? :confused:

any clue why ur case was transferred?

just wondering

my RD 08/20/01
ND 09/21/01

waiting..................

Marriage after your 485 Appn?

Did you get married after you applied for your 485? Don't worry! except for the fact that you have to wait for some more time -- interview is only a formality. Make sure you prepare all your documents for the interview. All the very best.

Case Transferred to NY

My and my wife's case got tansferred to NY office on 11/05/2002. We are totally upset due to this bad news. Can anyone tell how long it takes in NY ? Will they conduct any interview.
Here are my details :
RD 07/17/2001.
ND 08/28/2001.
Both of us are working and have valid H-1B status.
Why did this happen ?

We got RFEs earlier
For me
BC and Emplyment Letter
For wife
Medical Certificate and Proof of status.

Please help !!!

The following can be the reason behind local transfer:
1. You are married for less than 2 years at the time of filing I485 application.

2. You married after your I140 was cleared.

3. The last name of spouse does not match in passport.

Thanks secondthought

Thank you for ur reply.
In my case me and my wife both came here on H-1B visa. Both of us started I-140 and labor separately. But we got married before filing I-485. We married in dec 2000 and filed in July 2001.
Do you see this as a possible problem.

I received the transfer notice yesterday.
These are the 'words' :

"To speed processing your case has been transferred to the local INS at New York,NY."

Any commnets ?

Parij,
once your date for interview comes ( i think takes around 5 month in Chicago), make sure you have all supporting documents to prove your marriage. I have heard it will be a brief interview, the objective being to make sure the couples have married in good faith. Good luck.