My Case Transferred to Dallas TX

kshashikanth

Registered Users (C)
Just Now I got email from USCIS with following status

Current Status:

On July 26, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in DALLAS, TX for processing. Our office in DALLAS, TX will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Please share your experience about Dallas , TX office and also processing date for I 485 at Dallas for RD Dec 2003 , so how they will pick up my case because my case RD 09/2002 . Please share your comments.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=24

Looks like your case is going to get approved without an interview. My case was also transfered, but I have a different message and it does not mention that I will get a written notice of the transfer.

On July 19, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in KANSAS CITY, MO for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in KANSAS CITY, MO will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Kshahikanth - Have u done yr 2nd FP? If so did u do it in TX?

Actually it should turn out better for you if the processing date for TX is 2003. This means yr case should be worked upon as soon as they receive it or atleast u should be able to inquire about the status immediately.

So I think this is happening for the better !!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's case has been transfered to Chicago

My wife's case has been transfered to Chicago with similar message but my case has already been approved.

I received couple months ago FP notice but she did not. Could be also related to her previous unreadable FP.

pulo

Transfer Notice

Yesterday I received Transfer Notice from USCIS (NSC) with following message

This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the case to the following INS office for processing

8101 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas TX 75247

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition.Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

Any body are in same situation , so please share your experience …….

Transfer to Omaha, NE Local Office

kshashikanth,
Very similar case to yours, but I was transferred to a different local office (Omaha, NE).

I-485 EB3
RD: 09/24/02
I-140 Approved: 06/02/03
Transferred: 07/24/04

I received a paper notice that reads exactly the same message as yours:
This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the case to the following INS office for processing >>> ADDRESS OF OMAHA OFFICE.
That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition.Any further inquiries should be made to that office

I read in one thread that the transfer notice either states you will receive notice for an interview or it has the message we got. If the latter message -ours, it just means that the Nebraska Service Center transferred our cases in an effort to reduce their own backlog and let the local office handle our cases for normal processing. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TRUTH THERE IS TO THIS. IT'S JUST SOMETHING I READ FROM A FORUM MEMBER. I hope he's right.

Let's keep in touch and update each other on our progress, if you'd like. My e-mail address is cemolsarano@aol.com

Good Luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
No I haven't received any thing .......I think it will take atleast 3 weeks ......did you find out anything from your local office ......I am planing on visiting Dallas office in next week .........

kshashikanth,
I drove to the District Local Office last Monday. They didn't even let me in as claiming the only individuals welcomed in the office are those with interview appointments. I was sent to the information office here in in Omaha where they issue interim EAD's, take fingerprints, etc. Here you are allowed to do walk-ins and request information.

I had already been there the previous week and they didn't give me any information at all saying my case didn't even show transferred in their system. In any case, I drove there again after they didn't let me in at the actual District Office and talked to one of the officers who confirmed my file had been physically transferred to the District Office where they had received on 7/30. My TD is 7/24. That's all she'd tell me and pretty much said that at this point I should just wait until I receive a notification in the mail for an interview. She guesses I should see that in 4 to 6 months>>> RIDICULOUS!!! Given the size of the Omaha Office and the already 22 month wait I've been through just like yourself. THE OLD STORY: WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.

Let's keep in touch. Let me know how your visit to Dallas goes.

I-485 EB3
RD: 09/24/02
I-140 Approved: 06/02/03
Transferred: 07/24/04

Any updates would be helpful Guys

My case transfered to Local INS(kansas city) today with the same message what you got. Any inputs are appreciated please? Please help me.

Green Card Journey completed 6 Years 1 month

At last my Green Card got approved on 05/19/2007 ……This is Very long Journey in Life …..

All the best