My case transferred to Charlotte

How much more time?

I asked my lawyer today and she said that Charlotte is not consistent when it comes to interviews, she have seen interviews scheduled between 6 months to 9 months. anybody has experience or asked thier lawyers about thier experience with Charlotte?

thx,
Spartakus

Visited Charlotte USCIS office

I visited Charlotte USCIS office on December 28 regarding my Advance Parole, which was transferred to Charlotte on November 22, 2004 because my I-485 was transferred to Charlotte on October 26, 2004. They issued me the AP on the same day and I had to wait for couple of hours because my AP file was not with the I-485 file. The Officer asked me to fill another I-131 form and new photograph.

I also asked about my I-485 interview, the Immigration Officer told me that the case has already been processed by Service Centre and I should get the Interview sometime in March 2005.

I hope it helps

I-485
ND June 2, 2003
TD October 26, 2004

Chaudhary-Sahib,

1. We(Me & Wife) replied to an RFE for Medical and Emp Verif.
TSC received it on Nov 5th.

2. Our EAD's have been pending for more than 120 days, so on Nov 10th we went to the Charlotte office and got an interim EAD.

3. On Nov 15th, I got an email that our I-485's have been transfered to Charlotte office.(Everything was clear FP, I-140 etc... all they had to do was to approve. But instead they transfered it to Charlotte)

4. On Dec 14th, I got an email that my wife's EAD has been transfered to Charlotte Office.(I think they call her back and take the interim and issue another EAD. BTW the interim EAD was only for 8 months)

GC-4-All

My case is different than yours!!

According to my Attorney my transfer is normal; I have two I-140 (EB1-EA and NIW) approved. When I was in Charlotte sub office the officer looked my file and told me that everything is OK with my case, but I have to wait for the interview. They issued me AP for multiple entries valid for one year.

Chaudhary-Sahib,

Even my Attorney says that my Transfer is normal. What I was trying to tell is? That when the TSC is approving all the cases immediately after they receive RFE's, why do they have to transfer to Charlotte office, when all the preliminary processing it done?

I-140/I-485 RD Sep 2003
FP(Received) - Dec 2003
I-140 - AD - Feb 2004
EAD's - 2 (2nd is Interim)
AP's - 2
I-485 RFE (Medical & Emp Verif)
I-485 Transfered on Nov 16, 2004.... Waiting for Interview call.

GC-4-all,QQ please?

Hi,

I almost had the same experience like you did. I got an RFE for medical and then my case was transferred? why I have no idea. Did your lawyer tell you why the transfer is normal?

regards,
Spartakus

spartakus,

My Lawyer said that they do this(transfer) in random and this phenomenon is not New. And also a transfer does not mean that there is something wrong.

He told me to hang in there and be patient untill I hear from local office.

Case transferred to Charlotte in Dec, 2004

My case got transferred to Charlotte office on Dec, 2004. I want to consult with a lawyer in Charlotte area and take the lawyer with me for the interview. Please recommend to me if you know of any local attorneys.

Got notice for finger prints

No idea what this means and I really stopped making any sense of anything INS does long time back.

Spartakus

spartakus said:
Hi all,

My case was transferred to Charlotte on 9/24/04. Anybody have experience with that office and how long before i get interview letter?

thx,
Spartakus
Can you please tell me how can one find out whether the case has been transferred to local office. Does the message on www.uscis.gov site changes for the case?
Thanks.

How do you know that the name check is done?

Can anyone tell me, how do I know that the name check is done?

I don't know if my case got stuck in name check atal, but just curious if that could be the reason behind the delay and the transfer.

Transfer to charlotte and message chnage on website

My case got transferred to Charlotte, NC on Jan 5,2005 and today the web site status got updated as follows:

On January 18, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Does it mean it will take another 365 - 540 days. I have already been waiting for more than 540 days. Please let me know if someones message has changed after the transfer message to as above. Let me know if someone has any timelines.

I-485 file date : June 2003

thnks

ke_park,

When one's case transfers the message appears as the transfer took place to local office. Your msg does not indicate any transfer.

I485 Msg

I had the tranfer message before this message. I think once the local office recieved my file it got updated to this message.

ke_park,

Mine got transfered and was recvd by local office , confirmed it from the lawyer and the govt rep. They told me I cannot check the status now on the website and local office would call me for an interview.

I think in your case either the message was changed by mistake or maybe it came back to TSC. If it came back to TSC its good news , if not you will keep posting messages like we do , I do not know till when.

Transferred back to VSC

cltgc,

You are right. I just talked to the Customer Service Rep at USCIS. She said it has been transferred back to VSC because the service center at charlotte does not do employment based 485's. Is this something new or has it been that way becuase i sure saw some people getting interviews for employment based 485. Is your's employment based 485. Has anybody's 485 been transferred back to service center from local service center.

Let me know.

Thanks

Ke_Park,

You can call this as good news for you. You have your tracking back. Well mine is a EB3 employment based.
Mine was transffered to charlotte office and I have heard nothing about it yet.
I don't know why they do that , there are several reasons - Some problem with the case , Name or DOB matching suspect list or merely quality control.
So I guess I will wait and wait to know the reason.

Went to Charlotte Office Today

Went to Charlotte Office Today.

As you all know that our(me & wife) I-485's have been transfered to Charlotte on Nov 16' 2004.
I wanted to know the case status on my case.

I was able to get only one InfoPass Appointment, So I(minus wife) took mine and my wifes Transfer Notices and asked the officer as to where I stand.

He looked up the system and told me that they received my file from TSC and they are waiting for my NAME CHECK to arrive so that they can schedule my interview.

He then Printed out a Expedite Request and said that we will send it to concerned authority to speed up the NAME CHECK.

He told me that my Wife's application is good to go and her name has been cleared and it is waiting for my NAME to be cleared.
(It's a rumor, that they don't check female applicants, its only the male that they hold up)

Then he checked my FP which are going to expire next month. He then printed out 2 ASC worksheets, one for me and other for my wife and then told me to go the ASC center and get the FP done... which we did today itself.

I asked him what would be the approx # of days for them to call for an interview. Then he said that they have stacked up my application for setup/type and once then are done with that they will start calling for interviews, which would be sometime in MARCH 2005.

GOOD THAT I WENT.

TO ALL THE FOLKS WHO HAVE GOT THEIR CASES TRANSFERED, GET UP AND GO TO YOUR LOCAL OFFICE, AND CHECK WHAT'S GOIN ON.

HAD I NOT BEEN THERE TODAY, MY NAME CHECK WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOREVER, BEFORE SOMEONE SEND'S A REMINDER.

GO GO GO.

I-140 RD Sep 2003 AD Feb 2004
I-485 RD Sep 2003 Transfered Nov 16' 2004
FP- 1st Nov 14'2003, 2nd Jan 25' 2005
AP's - 2
EAD - 2