My case moved from RIR to Non-RIR

rramesh

Hello,
Iam on L1B visa and I have applyed my LC in california in Sep-2001 and State accepted in July-2002 and moved to DOL, last month i have received a letter saying my case moved back to Non RIR category. Non RIR currrent is still April-2001, do you know from now, what is my best aproach? can anyone give me any suggestions?

I have already finished by June-03, 3 years on L1B visa, its seems i have only another 2 years. With L visa, if GC is still under process, we cant take extensions. My Lawyer is asking me to convert my L1B to H1B, so that i can get one more year extra plus i should be able to take yearly extension, since my gc is under process.

1.If i convert my L1b to H1b, my wife will loose L2 Work permit. Now that she is about to finish her Master's, with this work permit, she is hoping to get an interm position. If i convert to H1, this is a problem to my wife.

2. Seconf option, before at least 6months of my L1 visa is expiring, i should convert to H1b.

3. what is the estimation for CA non RIR to get Sep-2001 month? Currently its processing Apr-2001. Iam seeing April for almost more than one year.

Don't worry - you have 2 years left on your L1 visa. I would suggest continue for year and half, so that your wife can also fulfil her desires and once she has exposure - she can be better off in job market - then go for H1B visa.

This will give you sufficient time to judge - cause no one can tell you for sure how long CA Non- RIR will take. Time will help your wife in positioning herself for future in job market.

Ramesh

Once you are sent to Non RIR means...pretty much it is a brand new filing ...so it means your non rir labor starts from now onwards..... I would recommend to go file in differant state ..again choose DOL should not be in freakin CA........

But you have plenty of time...not to tense....let your wife finish her school first......

It is not restart in technical sense - you still maintain your priority dates. But yes - if you have option of other state - go for it.