My case is transferred ....

AMBYASASAM

Registered Users (C)
to local office in Latham, Near Albany, NY on 23rd May for interview.

Anybody knows how long it takes for interview date in Latham?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear buddy
R U by any chance from Goa....ur ID name makes my mouth water

Do you know why your case was tranferred? For example, did get married while I-485 pending, or changed jobs using AC21, or moved and filed AR-11, etc.?

Good luck and I hope you will get your interview appointment soon.

The reason could be - Company takeover :-

LC, 140, 485 thru Company A.
Company B took over Company A in Jan 2002.
Company B informed INS about takeover.
Company B filed Amended 140 which was approved 3-4 months ago.
Company B filed for my H1 Extension in March 2003, whch was approved on May 21st 2003.
No RFE at any stage.

Anybody has any info on Albany tranfers and interview lag? I have searched this site. Did not find anybody who was transferred/interviewed in Albany. Besides going to the local office, any other way to get info on how long for them to schedule interview?

BTW, will I receive a notice from VSC that my case has been transferred to local office? Or will I just get the Interview notice, whenever the interview gets scheduled.

Top ... Upstate NY transfer

This is the 1st case of upstate transfer that I have heard in so many months.

You and dec2001 are on buddy list

I can say Congratulations to you, atleast for your case has been touched
dont worry about the interview.

Good Luck..

Originally posted by MeraGChaiKaha
You and dec2001 are on buddy list

I can say Congratulations to you, atleast for your case has been touched
dont worry about the interview.

Good Luck..

Thanks, MeraGChaiKaha, however, it is not done until it is done. Not much worried about the interview. Just worried that now I am in another queue and in case job takes me out of this city, then will my GC file follow me?

Just curious..

what about your marraige certificate and Birthcertificates?
they are Ok? Do you have it in english with your Name in Birth certificate?

I have friend whose case was transferred to Hartford CT and they send him letter to come in interview with Marriage, Tax, Address proff like Bills, BirthCetificate etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MeraGChaiKaha
Just curious..

what about your marraige certificate and Birthcertificates?
they are Ok? Do you have it in english with your Name in Birth certificate?

I have friend whose case was transferred to Hartford CT and they send him letter to come in interview with Marriage, Tax, Address proff like Bills, BirthCetificate etc.

Other than company takeover reason (read my earlier transcript in this thread), the only other reason (slim chance) could be, I have submitted BC afidavit.

AMBYASASAM : can you please be specific with your company take over??

AMBYASASAM:

Can you give details about your company take over?

Is tax-id & company name changed by take over or only company name changed??

Because my company-A went thru the merger with another company-B after filing I-140 but before filing I-485.

Merger involves only company name change but tax-Id remain same. so name changed to Company-B.

once after getting I-140 approval, lawyer filed I-140 Amendment for company name change with new name(Company-B) and applied I-485 with new name(Company-B) together.

So I wanted to know, Am in the same situation like you or different sitution with respect company take over..

My I-1485 RD May,24th, 2002

Please reply..
I am very much worried after reading your port

Thanks lot
-Anamica

Re: AMBYASASAM : can you please be specific with your company take over??

Originally posted by Anamica
AMBYASASAM:

Can you give details about your company take over?

Is tax-id & company name changed by take over or only company name changed??

Because my company-A went thru the merger with another company-B after filing I-140 but before filing I-485.

Merger involves only company name change but tax-Id remain same. so name changed to Company-B.

once after getting I-140 approval, lawyer filed I-140 Amendment for company name change with new name(Company-B) and applied I-485 with new name(Company-B) together.

So I wanted to know, Am in the same situation like you or different sitution with respect company take over..

My I-1485 RD May,24th, 2002

Please reply..
I am very much worried after reading your port

Thanks lot
-Anamica

New Company Tax ID.

I am not certain if the transfer is due to company merger. It can be anything. So do not get worried.

Best of luck.

Info for Albany tranfer cases.

I went to the local BCIS office. There were just a couple of people waiting for service. In fact evertime I have gone there, there are just a couple of people waiting in line. I was called in 5 minutes by a lady staff. I explained that my case was transferred. She took my EAC and went to the back office and pulled up some papers and confirmed that my file was mailed from VSC on 23rd and will reach them anytime. On receipt they will send out a FP redo in case FP has expired (in fact, FP has expired) and then the interview. She told me it would take about 2 months for all this, maybe sooner b'cos FP gets done very quickly.

I heard a case that got transferred at Albany where FP and Interview was done on the same day. I will hope for the best.

It's a waiting game.