My case is approved

adi999

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

My case is approved yesterday ..Got a bunch of mail from USCIS. But the Mail says

"This case has been approved. On June 22, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If
14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to
verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National
Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283"

Nothing been mentioned about the card ordered. Do you recommend to get my passport stamped?.
Even for the Passport stamping do i have to wait for the aproval letter ?. Or with out approval letter i can get stamped ?

Can gurus suggest me what needs to be done next ?

Thanks very much for your support.. This site gave me good chuck of information about the GC processing and rules.

Here is my details . And forgot to mention they were no LUD changs for the finger print result .

Adi

Congrats

Congrats!

Wait for actual approval notice to arrive in mail. You should get it within 4-6 days. The notice will advice you what to do. Either It will advice you to "go for stamping at local office" or "card will be mailed with in X days." Nobody can predict USCIS. The important thing is "your GC IS APPROVED"!

value1 said:
Congrats!

Wait for actual approval notice to arrive in mail. You should get it within 4-6 days. The notice will advice you what to do. Either It will advice you to "go for stamping at local office" or "card will be mailed with in X days." Nobody can predict USCIS. The important thing is "your GC IS APPROVED"!

If you have already completed your Biometrics, then USCIS will automatically order you a card and send it out once its ready. It may take 2-3 weeks time. You don't need to have your passport unless you are planning to go abroad in the next 2-4 weeks time or before your card arrives.

In case if you plan to get your passport stamped, don't wait till you get your approval notice. It will come definitely within 4-6 days. Meanwhile you can get an infopass appointment and get an appointment that is atleast 4-6 days from the date of your approval. In some places, it is difficult to get appointment. So, don't wait. You may have to try in odd times to get appointments.

Apollo_13 said:
If you have already completed your Biometrics, then USCIS will automatically order you a card and send it out once its ready. It may take 2-3 weeks time. You don't need to have your passport unless you are planning to go abroad in the next 2-4 weeks time or before your card arrives.

In case if you plan to get your passport stamped, don't wait till you get your approval notice. It will come definitely within 4-6 days. Meanwhile you can get an infopass appointment and get an appointment that is atleast 4-6 days from the date of your approval. In some places, it is difficult to get appointment. So, don't wait. You may have to try in odd times to get appointments.

Thanks very much for the info Apollo.

No i am not planning to go aboard in next couple of months . And second thing is my finger printing were done for Code 3 i guess that includes the bio-matics to. But not sure .. Any way when i was done for FP they took following stuff

1. Phone of myself &my wife, My kid did not get anything done .. I guess becuase he is 6 years old ..
2. All 10 finger's finger prints
3. And also Digital signature

Thats what the main points i can think off as of now ..