My case is APPROVED at local INS office, Bloomington, MN

BNReddy

Registered Users (C)
The journey FINALLY comes to an END.:) Yup...... My green card APPROVED and got my passport STAMPED. It was VERY frustrating, but now I feel very relaxing. :cool:

My case was transfered to Bloomington, MN office on Feb 5th, 2003 and interview was scheduled yesterday (June,19th 2003).

Interview was only 15-20 mins long. The IIO was very nice and very friendly. She just took the oath and asked our employment letters and driver's licenses. She even changed my wife's last name within that time frame. I was thinking that I have to go through another one year process to change my wife last name.

IIO told me the reason for my 485 tansfer was my lawyer applied my 485 twice. Once before my marriage and second time is after my marriage.

Actually my lawyer came along with me. It made the process even easier and faster.

This forum has been very very helpful and very supportive and I thank you very much everybody who are sharing their expriences on this forum.

My case details:
LIN 020395****
RD: 10/16/01
ND: 11/18/01
FP: 12/21/02
Local transfer date : 02/05/03
Approved Date : 06/19/03

Let me know if any one of you have any questions.

Thanks and I wish you guys ALL the best.

-BNReddy

Congratulations!

Enjoy your time now...

Did you file your wife's 485 after yours? I filed my wife's 485 seven months after I filed mine, any idea what I should be expecting from BCIS? Local transfer? ..etc

Any help is appreciated....

question

BNReddy,
Did you receive any notice from the local office about the date of the interview. If yes when did you receive that notice from the local office ?

Congratulations and thanks for responding

Congratulation man ...................

Hey fell'a,

It such a delight to watch people getting their green cards after an extended wait.

Please celeberate your freedom and enjoy it.

Mine info is:

RD: Sep 22nd 2001
ND: Oct 24th 2001
1st FP: Jan 2002
2nd FP: May 2003
LIN: 01-273 XXXXX
This week got response from INS about official inquiry that does not contain any more info than the web site.

Hi Incredible_wait,
Actually my lawyer filed my 485 by mistake before I went to India for my marriage. After I came back from India, she cancelled 485 and applied again for both of us. She could have filed 485 just for my wife. That double application causes the transfer for me. And the marriage (wedding date and the 485 date is less than one year) causes transfer for my wife's case. Thats what IIO told us. It doesn't matter how late you filed 485 for your wife, as long as there is a gap of one year between your marriage and 485 filing. If not, your case will be transfered to local office for SURE.

Hi slave_untill_gc, I'm sorry that I have no idea what your inquiry is about. Please call them to find out what they need from you. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

-BNReddy

Hi prang,
I recieved notices from INS, Nebraska stating that my case was transferred to Bloomington office on Feb 05th, then I recieved a interview letter from local Bloomington office in last week of May. My interview was scheduled on June 19th.

-BNReddy

Did they mention in the interview letter what documents you need to bring in for the interview.

Thanx BNREDDY

I filed 485 for my wife 5 months after we got married, so I should expect my case be transfered to a local office? Why? What docs we need? Thanx for your help.

Incredible_wait:confused: