my case approved - DEC RD - need some info

mani123

Hi , This site helped me a lot . Thanks to Mr. Khanna.
this is my first post on this site.
My case approved on Apr 5. My details are as below.
ND and RD - Dec 12 , 2001
AD - Apr 5 , 2003

My wife's case is not approved yet. I will check with BCIS some times this week.
I have following questions.

1.Can i go ahead for PP stamping OR do i need to wait till my wife's case is approved ?

2. In Approval notice they asked to carry approval notice, arrival/departure records, I-94 , PP and two photographs. DO i need to carry all H1 approval notice ? Do they ask us to submit those ?

3. I am still working on H1. what paper work may need to update in order to switch to GC ? Do we need to cancel H1B ?

thanks in advance.

Congratulations,

But how can your and RD & ND be of the same date
Can you please post your correct RD/ND and EAC ...

Thanks,

1.Can i go ahead for PP stamping OR do i need to wait till my wife's case is approved ?

It's your choice, there is no restriction.

2. In Approval notice they asked to carry approval notice, arrival/departure records, I-94 , PP and two photographs. DO i need to carry all H1 approval notice ? Do they ask us to submit those ?

No, H1 approval notice is required.

3. I am still working on H1. what paper work may need to update in order to switch to GC ? Do we need to cancel H1B ?

Once your passport is stamped, GC takes precedence over H1, which is automatically cancelled.

why bother?

Originally posted by american
mani123 can you confirm your RD & ND?

It's obviously a Dec ND case. RD should be Nov.
This person had never posted anything before to help (or just give info to) others. How can you expect any info from him/her?

Thaks Gcslowgoer for your help.

My ND/RD both are same and it is Dec12 , 2001 .
My EAC no.is eac-02-061-5XXXX .
even my wife's ND/RD is same. but her case is not approved yet.

hope this helps.

mani123 - if you don't get offended, can you tell us if you are looking at the correct dates on 485 Receipt notice? A lot rides on the info you provide as you are one of the first Dec filers who is approved.

I agree with "American" ... It would also be very kind of you

to find out what was the approximate date that you "physically mailed" your I485 application. This way we can figure the RD approximately.

Sometime INS mixes up RD's and ND's while printing but by and large they go by the "Actual" Receipt date and I am wondering if that "Actual" date was in "November-2001"

Hope you dont mind the trouble,

Appreciate your time.

I agree with "American" ... It would also be very kind of you

to find out what was the approximate date that you "physically mailed" your I485 application. This way we can figure the RD approximately.

Sometime INS mixes up RD's and ND's while printing but by and large they go by the "Actual" Receipt date and I am wondering if that "Actual" date was in "November-2001"

Hope you dont mind the trouble,

Appreciate your time.

Again guys why bother?

See his/her EAC# is 02-061... which is Dec12 ND (not RD!) So most likely it's a Nov (not Dec!!) RD case. This person had never posted anything until he/she needed some help/advise. And bottom line is that the case is 99.99% likely Nov'01 RD case.

It might be true "Jan485" that his case belongs to Nov '01. But the gates of Dec approvals seem to have opened slightly. Also it will not scare off the real people who would like to post their approvals, if we jump on them with suspicion.

Hi Jan485,

It's not my fault if INS did print RD/ND same on 485 receipt. My lawyer did send out my papers somr time in last week of November 2001, so i really don't know why my RD/ND is same printed on my receipt.
But as "american" said we do see Dec'01 RD approvals on this board.

I am new here and I see that posting incomplete / wrong information is not taken lightly by this forum, especially by senior members.

My humble request is - what is ND and why is it important? all along I thought that I-485 applications were being processed in the order of Receipt Date (RD).

Please enlighten me or I will have to go sit under a tree.

Again, I am new here. Please refrain from pillorying me for any remarks I may have made above. Hum uttar prades se hain. Angrezi mein haath tang hai.

RD - 1/17/02

"dodital", you are correct in assuming that the approvals are based on RD. So when mani123 said that his RD and ND are the same, he created hope among the Dec filers. But there is a lot of chance that this is a Nov RD case.

Coming to what ND - Notice Date means; when you mail in your app package, the mailroom people at INS office opens your package, takes the checks off and enters the info in the system. The date they do is called Received Date. But again when the checks are cashed, INS enters all your info into the system and that date is called Notice Date - ND.

Thats my 2paise - correct me if I am wrong.