My case approved by Local INS office

senpal

Registered Users (C)
I received the approval letter from Milwaukee INS office today. Both mine and my wife's case are approved. Online status didn't change.

RD 08/17/01
ND 09/25/01
TD 11/06/02
Interview 04/22/03
AD 04/24/03

How was interview

What did officer asked u? R u from special registration required country? please let me know I have interview soon in 2 weeks.
do u know y case got trnsfered?
thanks

Congrats Senpal

It looks like it took more than 5 months to get interview notice from Milwaukee.

Usually how long would they take to send the inteview notice.?

Please share whad docs did you take for interview, what did they ask in the interivew. BTW, what was the reason for transfering your case?

Hi haigc,

When was your case transfered to Milwaukee. How long did it take to get the interview call.

Please share the information. What is the reason for transfer. Did they ask you what documents you need to bring.

Mine is transfered to Milwaukee on April 25, 03. Don't know any thing about why case transfered.

Did you get RFE before case was transfered? If so, what was RFE about?

Please share. I see you and senpal are the only two people got transfered to Milwaukee.

>> Please share. I see you and senpal are the only two people >> got transfered to Milwaukee.

smala, I am user senpal. Me and IndianNewyorker(his wife) are the only two people in this forum transferred to Milw.

Processing time for I-485 at Milw is about 150days. I am not from a special registration country. I didn't get any RFE. I have already posted the reasons for my interview (just my opinion) in the following thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75733

The officer was very polite and treated us with respect. First we took oath and he examined our picture ids(driver license) and noted down the license numbers. After that he seemed to be interested only in our marriage and my employer. He asked for original Marriage cert., pay stubs(I took 3months with me), the letter from employer and the document for my employer's name change. We took our kid along(born in US). He asked for our kids birth cert., and US passport. He photocopied those and didn't ask for any more evidence of our marriage!. I also had taken with me the photos taken together, lease agreements, tax returns, insurance docs etc.. to prove our marriage, just in case. I also took all the immigration documents in my possession and all the originals for whatever submitted as photocopies. He gave us back all the originals and kept the employer letters with him.

He looked at our passports & I-94, took our index finger prints and signatures, verified addresses and began explaining the stamping process. He informed us that he has to check one more thing the next day and that he will send the approval letters after that. And we received the approval letters on the same week. Planning to go for stamping sometime next week.

Goodluck for all.

Thanks Senpal.

Do you thinK because of INS freeze on processing some time back caused delay(150 days in your case) to get the inteveiw call from Milwaukee local INS.

Please share your thought.

What insurance docs did you take to interview?
Any idea why they took driving license numbers.

Thanks

Normal processing time for a I-485 case at Milw is 150days regardless of the freeze. The normal processing times for local offices are listed on various immigration websites.

Driver license is just for a picture id verification.

I took med insurance docs that listed my wife as my dependent and also the joint auto insurance policy.

Thank you Senpal.

Hi Haigc,

when was your case transfered to Milwaukee. How long it took to get the inteveiw letter.

Would you please share the information.

Thanks
SM

We got our passports stamped today at the Milwaukee office. Went in at 11:30am and was over by 1:10pm.

Goodluck for everybody.

Senpal,

What is the phone numher of Milwaukee INS. I got case transfer letter with a number 414-297-3565. But this number is not in service. What was the number you were calling to find out the status. Would you please post the number.

smala, I don't have the contact number. I didn't call them to get a status. I knew its going to take about 4-5 months to get an interview so I waited.

Thanks senpal. How much was the gap(i mean days) between the date you received the letter from Milwaukee INS and the inteview date.

Do they ask to bring all the docs we submitted to INS or they mention what they need.

Woule you please share !!!!!!!

Thanks

I had about 40days between the receipt of interview letter and the interview date. The letter listed the documents that I should bring. But I took everything just to be safe.

Thanks Senpal.

What were they trying to find out in the interview.
If you don't mind, can you list out the docs they asked you do bring. I remember I saw what you took to the interview, not sure if you posted what they asked.

thanks