my case approved, but wife's still pending

lasvegas

Registered Users (C)
Just got the magic email:

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 10, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

140/485 Concurrent: 12/2004, EB1
140 AD: 4/2005
NC Cleared: 2/28/2007 (inquiry through senator office)
485 transfer from CSC to NSC in 3/2007
RFE: 5/2007
Response to RFE received: 6/22
recent LUDs: 6/28-29-30
Called on 6/28 knowing that my case was with an office
AD: 6/10
Wife's case is still pending, as her NC has not been cleared, according to the senator office.

Does anyone know what instructions on the notice are? Thanks

On July 10, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Wife's case is still pending, as her NC has not been cleared, according to the senator office.

Congratulations !!! You are EB1 ? I haven't seen EB1 case taking so long to approve. May be due to NC.

My case got approved yesterday. But, my wife's 485 still pending. How could that be? When I called today, they said it's waiting for an officer to review.

similar situation

My case got approved yesterday. But, my wife's 485 still pending. How could that be? When I called today, they said it's waiting for an officer to review.

I had the same question and the customer service person told me each case would be treated separately. But I still believe all dependents' cases are jointly processed with the primary case. We raised a SR and were told that the background check was pending for my wife's case.

When I spoke to them 2 times, they said waiting for an officer to review. After I opened an SR, they responded today, saying that her security check is pending. How come? CSR never said, security check is pending. She said that everything looks good back in June. Until approval, my status was H1B and her status is H4. What about now?

card received

I received the card yesterday. The card was actually produced on 7/5, although the approval email was sent on 7/11 and said that the approval notice was sent on 7/10 (the letter was indeed sent on 7/10). It seems it takes a few days of processing paperworks. Wife's case is still pending on name check. Wish good lick to you all. Thanks for the forum.

Can I change the job now? My wife case is still pending.

Your wife will not be in H4 status anymore. However she will be in a legal status called AOS (Pending Adjustment of Status). Sometimes if primary case is approvable but dependent case is not then also USCIS will approve primary case and keep processing dependent cases separately.

If you are working for the GC sponsoring employer then I would suggest, stick to the current job for atleast 6 to 8 months if you have any plans to apply for Citizenship in future.

About your wife's status, I don't think there would be any trouble. My wife had been using EAD to work for about two years (she was on H1-B before). As to changing employer, I saw some suggestions similar to that of Get_GC04. In my case, I changed job before the GC was approved, but did not filed AC21. My RFE required a job certification letter.

One more thing, I received the approval letter today, which was sent on 7/10, but it says that my approval date is on 7/5. It seems that after an office's approval, it goes two departments: one sends the approval letter and the other produces card, both of which work very efficiently.