my awkward situation

laser

Registered Users (C)
My current EAD will expire on May 28. I applied new one back in Feb with ND on Feb 11.Last week I got RFE on photo. Just after I took new photo and was ready to send out the respond to RFE, my I485 is approved on 30th. Based on my understanding, once 485 is approved, they will not issue new EAD nor temp EAD. I haven't got the 485 AD yet, so I can't make appointment on Infopass now. My worry is what if I can't have my passport stamped before my EAD expires?

They'll most likely deny your EAD application since your I485 is already approved. EAD is only use to work while your I485 is pending. You don't need an EAD anymore. Congrats!

laser said:
My current EAD will expire on May 28. I applied new one back in Feb with ND on Feb 11.Last week I got RFE on photo. Just after I took new photo and was ready to send out the respond to RFE, my I485 is approved on 30th. Based on my understanding, once 485 is approved, they will not issue new EAD nor temp EAD. I haven't got the 485 AD yet, so I can't make appointment on Infopass now. My worry is what if I can't have my passport stamped before my EAD expires?

since your I-485 is approved, you are in shape, even after your EAD expires because technically EAD does not hold any value in your case

Really? Does this mean I can work even after the EAD expires, since my I485 is approved before the EAD expiry? That is cool. Thanks a lot.

You can go for Info pass right now. If you do not get I-485 approval notice by the date you sceduled, you can cancel it. There is no problen in this.
More over you will get aproval letter with in a weeks time.

My daughter's case got approved on 29th April. And we scheduled Info Pass
appointment on 16th May. Hoping that we will definetely get approval letter
before that.

Getting suitable date for appointment is also difficult.

In Info Pass they ask name, tel no., BOD and email address.

Good luck

ARB123

Dude Go ahead and take an infopass appointment. Usually u get it after two weeks so by that time your letters will come in. If you cannot make it to stamping simply cancel it. Taking an appointment will no way harm you.

Best of luck