My Apologies To All I Have Offended!

frustrated_alot

Registered Users (C)
I wrote the thread This Bothers Me!
To all i have offended, i am sorry. I did not mean to turn on my fellow immigrants. I am woman enough to admit when I am wrong. So, i am apologizing. We all have the right to choose where we want to live. I am jus frustrated because of my situation. I am not trying to turn against anyone. I was not blaming anyone else for my situation, rather i was saying that wrongfully that people who apply for citizenship but don't plan to stay just adds to the backlog. I was wrong and I am sorry.

To all i have offended, i am sorry. I did not mean to turn on my fellow immigrants. I am woman enough to admit when I am wrong. So, i am apologizing. We all have the right to choose where we want to live. I am jus frustrated because of my situation. I am not trying to turn against anyone. I was not blaming anyone else for my situation, rather i was saying that wrongfully that people who apply for citizenship but don't plan to stay just adds to the backlog. I was wrong and I am sorry.

Frustrated_alot, don't worry, you will have good luck soon. I am also so frustrated, but things are getting better now-a-days...

Well, all of us sympathize with your situation. It takes a lot of guts to say sorry. Everyone is human and we all feel frustrated, but the key to being successful is to channel that frustration and negative energy in to determination to make a change. In this case means studying the law and preparing to sue USCSI pro-se. Please go through the sticky thread on filing law suit and members there will help you prepare a suit.

I do hope you will soon see positive outcome to your case. In the mean time be positive and take your mind of the citizenship thing. There is more to life than a US passport. It will come to you one day, but don't stop enjoying and appreciating the many good things in life - your friends, family, job etc.

This is a US Citizenship forum....any comments regarding that are welcome. It is just that the conclusion you came to was incorrect.

Anger can be as deadly as electricity if we abuse it, or just as useful if treated with respect and intelligence. -Gandhi

What we just learned out of this anger is that you are a female. The common concept here is that a female always gets the background check cleared quickly, if they do it at all. Can you (if you are comfortable) tell us your country of origin.
Thank you and be patient, you are close.

What we just learned out of this anger is that you are a female. The common concept here is that a female always gets the background check cleared quickly, if they do it at all. Can you (if you are comfortable) tell us your country of origin.
Thank you and be patient, you are close.

I am female and my background check has been pending for over two years.
My country of origin is Guyana.

Thank you,
I have done that and it came back saying that I am still pending security checks but a couple of days ago I found out that one of my name checks came back on June 27th. Looks, like i am just waiting for one more. I will see what happens.

Congragulations! That is a positive development. You need to now push your congressman/senators to get CIS to pick your file. My name checks came back May 08 (came to know bt first ladt letter response) but CIS continued to insist name check pending till I showed that letter to AUSA and filed it in court. I just got my oath done last week. So, even with lawsuit it took 3+ months after name check done for oath. If you had filed a 1447b then you could have at this stage just talked to AUSA and he would solve the issue. But I believe now senator letter will really help you.

Wow this is the 1st time I have heard of a lady stuck in name check. Perhaps you have a unisex name and they are under the impression you are a guy!!
I say write a letter to your IO, and also contact your local congressperson.

Happens to me a lot - although I am male, my foreign first name resembles a LOT a US female first name. And my wife's name is unisex. So businesses very often ask for her, thinking that she is male.

Apologies accepted :) Now, seriously, this is a human trait, probably one we'd do better to keep on check, but a human trait. When a resource becomes scarce we tend to resent how other people use it. Let's say you're thirsty and someone else close to you is watering the lawn, a swimming pool and taking one hour showers. It is normal to feel some anger and frustration. Now, I have been in other forums where people are really uncivilized. In this forum, at least for the past few months all posts have been pretty civil.

Good luck with your name check.

I know at least one other female (no arabic or muslim connection) who was stuck on name check for quite a few months (cannot say exactly). She just naturalized last week, and I remember talking with her about name check past Christmas, so perhaps around a year stuck on name check.

The only guess I have about name check (and it applies to this woman I mentioned) is that the longer you've been in the U.S. the easier it can be for you to get stuck in name check (they have electronic records for the past few years, but beyond that it is paper records). If there is a hit in one of those paper records, someone has to go and retrieve the document.

My 2 cents.

Name check issue

I think there are only two ways to resolve the name issue:

(1) File WOM or 144X(b)

(2) Wait until the policy changes

After you eventually become citizen, just vote the related persons who designed this policy out of the office.

I'm sure there would be computer hits when their names were put into the name check machine.

N-400 10/25/2006
FingerPrinting: 11/14/2006
Pending upon background check