My analysis of TSC Processing

gb04

Registered Users (C)
DISCLAIMER #1) This is a general trend of what I've observed in these forums and there obviously will be exceptions to these trends.

DISCLAIMER #2) Don't ask me for proof of these trends. I can't be bothered too. Take it with a grain, pinch or bag of salt if you wish to.

1) First, foremost and most obvious one: More cases filed originally at TSC are getting processed and processed earlier than transferred ones.

2) If TSC IO (POJ method) says NC not cleared and Infopass agent says cleared, its probably cleared.

3) They are processing cases based on a combination of PD and RD and not solely on one of these dates.

4) This may sound the opposite of point 3 but they are putting slightly more weight on PD than RD when prioritizing a case.

5) People who observe quietly and can't be bothered to actively participate in these forums and don't worry over NC, etc. tend to get approved without any problems than people who analyze TSC and come with theories and run from pillar to post about the status of their Name Checks ;)

Feel free to add point 6 and onwards....

I agree gb04

Here is my experience today when I called TSC. I have decided not to worry about this and will do nothing, atleast for now.

I wanted to call NCS to open SR but ended up with TSC. The lady was rude. she verified my name and address:
IO: 'mam its pending'.
I am: Do you know how long its going to take ....
IO: ' mam we don't know how long...you have been calling and calling and writing...but there is no update. Its pending. Then sudenly she says, your security check is pending.
I am: Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? IO: no there is nothing you can do, call back after 60 days...ok? I hang up.

I have called only once before on 6/11 the IO told me that all is well and its waiting to be assigned to an officer and I have never written to them.

I think they are simply fed up and wants to get us off so they are giving these false information...then why don't they process our cases...we are fed up too...

Adding #6 to GB04's list (which makes sense to me)

#6) Looks like they divided 'current' cases into two sets: simple and complex (eg AC21, substituted labour, etc - any case where they may need an RFE). The simple cases are worked by frontline 'agents' and the complex cases are worked by higher level staff. There are more frontline-agents than higher level cases and the frontline cases can process more cases/week (I wish the metric were cases/hour, but lets be realistic). Net result - complicated cases are seeing fewer and delayed approvals whereas simple cases are seeing quicker approvals. Keep in mind - this is a theory, I have experience with call centers and operations.

I have no idea what order USCIS is following. The answers is nobody knows. This morning one of my friends received the approval from TSC. His case was trasferred to TSC. His was EB3 India, PD was May 2003 and I-485 Dec 2004. I am very happy for him no doubt. But, I am more frusted with my case now. My PD is before him (Aug 2002) and I-485 RD is Dec 2003. My case was transferred to TSC from VSC. I don't any movement in my case. Last time I called USCIS they said they have to reschedule my FP. Still waiting for that letter. Such a frustration!!!!

Currently they are processing EB-3 for VSC->TSC transfered cases. Dont see any appprovals for EB-1/2, which hopefully would follow soon.