my 485 was assigned to an officer how long will it take to get approved

F1 to H1

my case has been assigned to an officer.how long wii it take to get approved.

RD:8/26/99
ND:10/26/99
FP:12/14/99

waiting....

No Title

Looks like we are on the same boat! Even the RD, ND etc dates look similar. Our case was assigned to an officer 2 weeks ago, still no approval. Please post message when your case gets approved.

No Title

"F1 to H1" and "Tester", can you both please post all the details about your cases, like PD, EB category, country RD, ND, FP, EAD etc?

My details: EB3, TSC, PD July97, RD Aug25-99, ND Oct25-99, FP Dec99, EAD Dec\'99, country India

thanks.

No Title

My case was assigned to an officer on Jan 26, nothing yet.

My details are TSC, EB3, India ND-Aug99,RD-Aug99,PD-3/97

What does the AVR says in your cases ? Mine still says Case Not Found

No Title

It still says "Case not found"
I have not called IIO yet. I am waiting for my PD to be current before I call up to see if my case is assigned to any officer.
I will call after 1st March as my PD will be current by then.

No Title

Our case was assigned to an officer on Jan 25th as per IIO.
EB3 - India.
PD - Dec \'97
FP - Dec \'99
EAD Dec-99 renewed Dec-00
AVM says that our case has been received on....and is taking anywhere between 240 to .... days to review etc.

No Title

desi90210:
How do you have a notice date if your priority date is not current? Is it because when you filed your 485 yours were current and later became backlogged?

I am just curious.

Thanks in advance for your time and reply.

Good luck

No Title

Louie Frankie,
Yes, exactly that\'s what happened. In Aug 99, all categories of EB have become current. I applied 485 during that time. Then the PD had retrogressed. Now according to the latest VISA bulletin, my PD is current again.

desi90210

No Title

Finally I can post, my I-485 application was approved by TSC today, Feb 13, 2001. Just checked on the AVR it says case has been approved and notice mailed !!!!!

I did call earlier this month and was told that case was assigned to an officer on Jan 26.

Feeling of relief I guess, have been here for over 10 years (have both my Masters and Bachelors from here). I have been fortunate enough to work for a good employer, so am grateful for that.

I started working in May 96, applied for Labor March 97 (EB3), applied for AOS Aug 1999, two EAD\'s and two advanced parole\'s later finally I can say it is over.

Want to thank everyone on this board specially myladoor,ciba/ciba2 for maintaining an excellent tracker list and all users (krishns,jabbar,sanjays,nscbird, the list goes on and on..) of this board for their thoughts and comments.

I will post stamping experience after I have experienced it :)

Regards,
tsc0397
PD:03/97 RD:08/99 ND:08/99 FP:11/99 TSC EB3 INDIA

No Title

tsc0397,
congratulations !!!!
which local INS do you have to go for stamping your passport?
pl post your experience,

congrats again

No Title

Tester, Once you succeed in getting the line, please post what the IIO said. I think your case and tsc0397 case both were assigned to an officer almost at the same time. But I think tsc0397 got approved because his/her pd was current at the time of approval. May be you will get the approval as soon as your pd becomes current.

Yesterday I saw on Shssterman\'s site that the State Dept was mentioning that the PDs would continue to move ahead faster in the near future. so, you should get your approval very soon. It is very likely that your PD becomes current in the next month\'s visa bulletin.

No Title

Hello. My case seems to be similar too and I was told sometime in January that in 30-60 days my case would be assigned to an officer. The last time I checked the AVM,it said "your application for 485 AOS has been recd. It\'s taking between 240-365.."

Details:EB3/India;PD-4/97;RD-8/25/99;ND-9/14/99;FP done-11/10/99;FP approved-01/03/00;still on H1-B even though I have a 2nd EAD and AP.

Waiting to hear the magic words...:). Good luck..

No Title

Hi tsc0397,
Can you post your first five digit (SRC-xx-xxx) of your SRC number Please
thanks and good luck
ASCASC