Must reaply LC when transfered JOb with the same company?

xy41

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

My 140 and 485 were filed concurrently last year and both are pending. I have worked in NJ Office of company A for 3 years and will be laid off in a few months. I found a position in WA office with the same company.

Do I have to reapply for LC for the new position within the same company?

Thanks for your reply!!

Since it is the same employer, you may request them not to withdraw the application - and if your new position is similar to the old one, you may use AC21 portability clause once your 140 is done. Also check this thread http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=114165 where Rajiv is fighting for a fast redressal of all backlogged application. If you have not signed Rajiv's class action petition, you may also think of signing up to lend support to the cause.

Originally posted by xy41
Hi Everyone,

My 140 and 485 were filed concurrently last year and both are pending. I have worked in NJ Office of company A for 3 years and will be laid off in a few months. I found a position in WA office with the same company.

Do I have to reapply for LC for the new position within the same company?

Thanks for your reply!!

Reapply for LC when changing job location

Thanks for you reply,

My situation is like this: 140 and 485 were concurrently filed last Sep. Both are pending. I am looking in NJ office. I was informed that I will be laid off by the end of july, 2004. I found a position in WA office within the same company. Company lawyer told me that I will have to reapply for LC because my job location changed. I don't want to wait for 3 more years for a new LC .

I do not think my current company will withdraw my 140 or 485. But do I have to reapply for LC or 140 when job location changed
within the same company.

Thank you very much for your reply!!!

Re: Reapply for LC when changing job location

Talk to your lawyer about using AC21 portability - he may be averse to using it because there is not much precedent in using AC21 portability. You can also apply a new LC without worrying about its effect on your current 140/485, that way even if your current application runs into rough weather, you will have a backup. When your 140 is approved, you can use the portability.

HTH,
Originally posted by xy41
Thanks for you reply,

My situation is like this: 140 and 485 were concurrently filed last Sep. Both are pending. I am looking in NJ office. I was informed that I will be laid off by the end of july, 2004. I found a position in WA office within the same company. Company lawyer told me that I will have to reapply for LC because my job location changed. I don't want to wait for 3 more years for a new LC .

I do not think my current company will withdraw my 140 or 485. But do I have to reapply for LC or 140 when job location changed
within the same company.

Thank you very much for your reply!!!