Must Read: Planning/Looking for Pre-Approved LC (possible scam)

worldmonitor_1 said:
Hi,

When I am still with the company, can the company substitute my Labor to somebody else?

I am almost going to get my Labor approved. I am scared about this.

Sagic ..Kindly respond

Thanks
Worldmonitor

yes the company can.

Is I-140 transferrable

Hello All,

I am hoping my I-140 will be approved any time. My employer is asking me to take a salary cut which is already meagre.
Otherwise he says he will transfer my I-140 to somebody else. Can the company transfer I-140 too so somebody else.... Can they revoke I-140 and use my Labor to somebody else ?

Regards
kavitha

I think they can...

can revoke your 140 and subsitute your labor to somebody else...no wonder people are able to get these substitue labors...in the market...that is sad.

You should not live like this, complain to labor dept, that should give them enough creeps to stop harrassing you.

Kavitha7929 said:
Hello All,

I am hoping my I-140 will be approved any time. My employer is asking me to take a salary cut which is already meagre.
Otherwise he says he will transfer my I-140 to somebody else. Can the company transfer I-140 too so somebody else.... Can they revoke I-140 and use my Labor to somebody else ?

Regards
kavitha

Kavitha7929 said:
Hello All,

Otherwise he says he will transfer my I-140 to somebody else.
the new salary should be above the prevailing wage and better to be equal or more than the salary mentioned in the gc labor.
if the new salary cut is to use your immigration status and pending gc petitions then your employer is at risk as its illegal. you have the right to report this to US DOJ - Immigration Special Council (not DOL). if you ever wish to complain give some time for your employer to make more mistake and document everything in email then teach them a lesson.

Can the company transfer I-140 too so somebody else....
they cannot transfer your i140 to another person but they can revoke your i140 but using that labor for another person is risky for the new beneficiary because uscis would wish to know the reason for change which will be hard to convince resulting in denial of that i140 based on that so called PREAPPROVED LABOR. demand your rights. Can they revoke I-140 and use my Labor to somebody else ?

Regards
kavitha

I believe there is a statute of limitation on such complaints, so if you want to file a complaint, it should be done within 6 months (or maybe an year), but I am sure you cant wait for ever before filing a complaint.

Try to get your employer to say that (about the salary issue and GC issue) in an email (or in writing), and then complain. Verbal communication does not hold water in such cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor CERTs

Guys,

Need your all help before making i can make a decision, I was approached by a Attorney, who told me (Also Showed me a pre-approved labor from a small company located in NJ and approved from MAINE) from the company i do not work for. He offered me the labor to file for I140 and I485, if i pay him $18000 in instalments. Looking at SAGIC's mail i am pretty much concerned about this offer.

I do not work for the company he is filing my I140 or 1485 from and says it would be for a future employment and i am supposed to pay 10 Grand now and the remaining 8 grand after I140 is complete. I am not able to rely upon this guy as it is more than a years investment.

Please advise and help..

RAMS

RAMS1981 said:
Guys,

Need your all help before making i can make a decision, I was approached by a Attorney, who told me (Also Showed me a pre-approved labor from a small company located in NJ and approved from MAINE) from the company i do not work for. He offered me the labor to file for I140 and I485, if i pay him $18000 in instalments. Looking at SAGIC's mail i am pretty much concerned about this offer.

I do not work for the company he is filing my I140 or 1485 from and says it would be for a future employment and i am supposed to pay 10 Grand now and the remaining 8 grand after I140 is complete. I am not able to rely upon this guy as it is more than a years investment.

Please advise and help..

RAMS

There is no guarantee that your I140 will be approved as you are saying it is a small company.. check the company's financials... check company's ability to pay for future employment... by the way post the company's name so that you will get clear response if any one already dealt with that company..

"7. do not offer or accept to pay for the preapproved labor. there were more number of scams to initially get labor cost from originial beneficiary and then keep on using it for another person in the name of preapproved labor for more profits (may be they get more money than getting profits from billing rate of those candidates in this market). try to avoid companies asking the cost of preapproved labor: it mostly is a scam - a) either the original beneficiary would have paid for it (then why should you pay for it again) b) a company would itself have paid for it (they why it expects the cost from you when it did not ask from original beneficiary). "

Hello,

I am looking for a pre approved labor and I will really appreciate if someone can help me getting me one.

Thanks

RAMS1981 said:
Guys,

Please advise and help..

RAMS

stay away if any company asks for even a penny. you may not even know whether its real or even if its really available. thousands have been cheated by a company in NJ and TX.

gather all details about that company and report them to dol, usdoj and uscis. if you are sure that those labors are fake or is not really available then complain about that lawyer to bar council in that state.

Hello Readers,

I am in a big trouble, recently (6-7 weeks ago), I was offered a job by this IT company based in New Jersey. They said, they gonna file for my H1B. They asked me to send them $4000 for expenses and training related to this job. This company has about 17 offices in the US and 8 offices internationally. They have few projects going on and there are some employees of this company who are actually happy with this company. But these employees seems to be the parteners or some sort.

My H1B was filed through premium processing. The application for H1B was filed with INS in september well before the quota expired. Company says INS has recieved the application. Now they are saying that INS/USCIS is not giving them any feedback as regards to the case nor they have returned their file. After waiting for 7 weeks I decided to pull back and asked the company for refund. They are delaying the refund and are giving me excuses.

It's not just me, there are numerous other people like me in the same situation with the same company. I lost my $4000 as well as my 1 year career and salary since I cannot work in the US anymore (atleast untill Oct 2005).

My and my associates who are in similar situation are planning to file a lawsuit against this company.

Can anybody suggest a LAWYER who deals with such cases. Also I want this company to be blacklisted by INS/USCIS, so that they do not dupe other innocent people. What would be the best/ideal way to approach this issue so that we can deal with this company properly. Please help me and my associates. THANK YOU

Hi pr_patil,
I am in a similar situation and am trying to verify the
authenticity of a pre-approved labor. If you come across a way to
do this, please let me know. Try to ask your company if there was a letter
sent by the DOL that the application was approved. I guess that is the only
way I can think of.

Thanks!

pr_patil said:
Hi,
I am a new member here. I have a questions regarding pre-approved labor.
My details:
I am on H1 visa and I have approximately 8 months left for H1 visa 6 year limit(07/09/2005). I am discussing regarding a possible availability of pre-approved labor certification with a company. The company faxed me(on my request) a copy of the approved labor certification application(I think its 1st page of ETA 750. It looks like a very good match(skillset, education, experience, job title etc).

My question is, looking at the fax(only 1st page of the labor was faxed to me), how will I know that this is a approved labor or not? Should I approach a immigration lawyer? Any clarifications would be appreciated.

Thanks

etc 750 is just an application. you need have formal approval letter (MENTIONING THAT ETC 750).

NEVER agree or offer to pay even a penny for preapproved labor. do not give any penny for h1 or training fee or any luring terms. dont cry later after paying for preapproved labor that you could not get any confirmation for the company whether they filed the i140 or not. you will not get your money back. your petition willnot be filed.

go check path2usa.com in discussion forums and experiences sections. there are too many number of people victimized.

people like you who were nearing the 6th year term are the great prey for those companies. they can take money from you and then just before your end of 6th year you will be asked for even more - possibly all your account balance and car and what not.

See Inline...

pr_patil said:
Hi,
I am a new member here. I have a questions regarding pre-approved labor.
My details:
I am on H1 visa and I have approximately 8 months left for H1 visa 6 year limit(07/09/2005). I am discussing regarding a possible availability of pre-approved labor certification with a company. The company faxed me(on my request) a copy of the approved labor certification application(I think its 1st page of ETA 750. It looks like a very good match(skillset, education, experience, job title etc).

My question is, looking at the fax(only 1st page of the labor was faxed to me), how will I know that this is a approved labor or not? Should I approach a immigration lawyer? Any clarifications would be appreciated.
... After LC approval, regional DOL center sends back LC form (750-A/B) along with cover letter. They also stamp the 750-A with ceritfication in bottom section of the form. Remaining pages will also be stamped with SESA RD.

Thanks

Check above post.

santex24 said:
Hi pr_patil,
I am in a similar situation and am trying to verify the
authenticity of a pre-approved labor. If you come across a way to
do this, please let me know. Try to ask your company if there was a letter
sent by the DOL that the application was approved. I guess that is the only
way I can think of.

Thanks!

Hi pr_patil,
Since I am also in a similar situation, I am trying to request all the pages in the approved labor. The company that I am dealing with is not very happy about this. In addition to this, I think you should get it in writing (even an email would be sufficient) that they have not used this preapproved labor before. If you have an attorney who would not charge you an arm and a leg for reviewing the preapproved labor, please run it by him/her.
You may also want to make sure the company has not had any RFEs questioning their ability to pay during the I140 stage.
PS: I have sent you a private message. If you can kindly respond to it, that would be sincerely appreciated. If for some reason you can't view it, please email me at matt_man555@yahoo.com and I will respond immediately.

Thanks..