• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

must photocopies be certified?

josh000

Registered Users (C)
I have acquired all my academic records, direct from the schools involved, as well as a birth certificates and police checks from governments.

I understand that on the day of my interview I must bring photocopies of these documents. Do these photocopies need to be certified/notarized?

Is it 2 photocopies for every document?

Do letters from schools have to ber certified in any way , or is the fact that they are a letter from the school sufficient?

I have acquired all my academic records, direct from the schools involved, as well as a birth certificates and police checks from governments.

I understand that on the day of my interview I must bring photocopies of these documents. Do these photocopies need to be certified/notarized?

Yes if you only bring the (certified) photocopies to the embassy/consulate.

No if you bring the (uncertified) photocopies together with the originals to the embassy/consulate. They will compare the copies with the originals and certify them themselves. They will keep the copies and return the originals to you on the spot.

This is for the academic records. As for the birth certificate and police records, I understand the embassy needs the original and will keep it.