Murthy's Updated Website in DOL backlog

labordrags

Registered Users (C)
Sheela Murthy, a lawyer having www.murthy.com website posted a new bulletin, informing its users that DOL plans to clear the backlog by 1997 september 30th. This is the recent bulletin. ARE WE LIVING ON 1995? This is a blunder from such lawyer. I would not trust her or her associates if somehow they mistakenly send my papers to USCIS by putting a wrong date. What a lawyer!

labordrags said:
Sheela Murthy, a lawyer having www.murthy.com website posted a new bulletin, informing its users that DOL plans to clear the backlog by 1997 september 30th. This is the recent bulletin. ARE WE LIVING ON 1995? This is a blunder from such lawyer. I would not trust her or her associates if somehow they mistakenly send my papers to USCIS by putting a wrong date. What a lawyer!

This is very sad. Another lawyer who claims to be the very best made a very similar error in the real documents not on the web page.

The client got totally screwed up by the error had to start all over again and still after 6 years could not recover the damage.
The lawyer just said
"Oops, sorry".

For the alien beneficiaries, it is a question of their future. For the lawyer, it is just another case (or money paying client). They would not care to scutinize the application carefully. Paralegals do this kind of adminitrative work in a large firm and there is always a possibiliy that they may do it without taking it seriously, although it may be a life or death issue for the client. Sad, but true!

bulletin

Being a Moderator you should be more responsible than you have been! That was just a TYPO - you and others know that! My friends and I have benefitted a whole lot over the years from Murthy - with all the bulletin updates, chat and the forum where attorneys respond with real answers. They are great attorneys - so stop commenting on not trusting her just because of a typo by someone on her staff producing a newsletter!!

The reason why we all depend on the lawyers is to make sure that every step gets completed without any problems, otherwise anyone who reads this forum in daily basis can do, PERM, I-140, I-485, I-765, I-131 on their own (talking about employment base). Since we fail to perform our work to do it more closely, we follow lawyers advise, and hire them to render their serives. During the hiring period if any errors come out from lawyers, sorry seems to be the hard word anyone can swallow. That sorry may take your few years out of the processing, and you may see your future bleak. If you want to find, you may find hundred of lawyers like Murthy, I too know its typo, a big typo, a typo that can be corrected, but think of these minor typo what impact it would have been if you see yourself being pulled into this mess. I would say you are a lucky guy having your 4 posts (all related to murthy) been advocating murthy's error, and I am so surprised by not saying it is her error and reminding my responsiblity -- you may think that is going to fly -- ask your touchtelindia.net to get answers.

Murthy associates are very bad

I had a very bad experience with Murthy attorneys. They charge more even. My experience was they screwed up my date of birth while filing H1-B. Date of birth is very important for USCIS. For refiling with correction, they charged same amount as H1-B initial filing.

I don't suggest murthy.com firm. May be big boss is good, but Paralegals are very bad in that firm.

labordrags said:

Their branch in Chennai wanted Rs. 25,000.00 to check my brother's vistor's visa application to US was in order. It went from Rs. 5,000 to $25,000.00 in matter of minutes (probably Rs. 5,000 every sheet paper). What a rip off artists!

We pity ourselves

Already we are getting ripped off by employers being in H1-B status. In addition US Govt immigration law helping them by introducing slavery process(Green card), introducing more delays in SWA, Federal labor and finally backlogs, 140, 485 and retrogression. Ripped off by attorneys for H1-B, GC processing. Ripped off by their mistakes while filing cases without any knowledge. Ripped off by USCIS filing fees.

People come to US to have a better life. Is it a good life? We have to question ourselves or we pity ourselves being in this hell. We can't decide to go back because still some hope, may be better life here.

labordrags said:
The reason why we all depend on the lawyers is to make sure that every step gets completed without any problems, otherwise anyone who reads this forum in daily basis can do, PERM, I-140, I-485, I-765, I-131 on their own (talking about employment base). Since we fail to perform our work to do it more closely, we follow lawyers advise, and hire them to render their serives. During the hiring period if any errors come out from lawyers, sorry seems to be the hard word anyone can swallow. That sorry may take your few years out of the processing, and you may see your future bleak. If you want to find, you may find hundred of lawyers like Murthy, I too know its typo, a big typo, a typo that can be corrected, but think of these minor typo what impact it would have been if you see yourself being pulled into this mess. I would say you are a lucky guy having your 4 posts (all related to murthy) been advocating murthy's error, and I am so surprised by not saying it is her error and reminding my responsiblity -- you may think that is going to fly -- ask your touchtelindia.net to get answers.

Yes. Murthy and co only care about their self-interests. I know several people who have switched from Murthy after their cases were screwed up. They consistently toe the employer's line and care very little for their clients.

Look at this..... Amid all the advocacy efforts that we are trying to beat the retrogression problem they have hardly raised their voice in support of any of the burning issues. I am sure they were among the first who had cocktail parties in their office when the S.1032 bill provisions were voted down.

GOD help the clients who are trapped with them....

immig2006 said:
Being a Moderator you should be more responsible than you have been! That was just a TYPO - you and others know that! My friends and I have benefitted a whole lot over the years from Murthy - with all the bulletin updates, chat and the forum where attorneys respond with real answers. They are great attorneys - so stop commenting on not trusting her just because of a typo by someone on her staff producing a newsletter!!

If you guys are OK with such minor errors, I can file your case. I will only charge half of what Great Murthy is charging. I will still make sure I dont do any mistake, flawless process, but it seems like since mistake is OK, I can take it from there. Anyone who is interested, please PM me. I will let you know the cost and I will make sure you cant match my fee anywhere where lawyers charges excessive. Also, I can file the H1B either new or the transfer for just $500 bucks. April is coming, we still have 65K H1B available in most part, and 20K for US masters degree holders. Sounds interesting, oh well, hit me up!

immig2006 said:

That what I said earlier. There was "just a typo" in one of my friend’s case.
And still that "typo" cost him and his family more than five years of frustration and uncertainty and very significanty changed his life.
If they made a typo in a web document knowing that thousands would read and laugh at them can you be sure that they would not make a similar typo in somebody's papers ?

3 people/websites that have helped immigrant community immensely are

1. Murthy's website with its bulletin and chat logs
2. Mathew Oh's website with its Q/A and Immigration News
3. Rajiv Khanna with this great forum ofcourse.

GreenCardVirus said:
3 people/websites that have helped immigrant community immensely are

1. Murthy's website with its bulletin and chat logs
2. Mathew Oh's website with its Q/A and Immigration News
3. Rajiv Khanna with this great forum ofcourse.

Murthy is biggest hypocrat on earth. She talks so much about community and other nonsense, but she is so impotent, she never complained about DOL backlog. I say, during her MOnday chat drama, we all ask her about what she thinks about BEC.

I am sure DOL has to notice if cyrus, murthy, fragomen... exposes DOL inefficiencies. I know only Rajiv who really does something for the community.

I am so stunned by selfish approach by some immigration law firms (except Rajiv ). None of them has courage to condemn DOL for playing with people's life and career.

They come here to get our support for all stupid issues (increasing H1 or increasing L1 fees, why in the hell anybody here cares about such issues. )

Last edited by a moderator: