Municipility : Non-availibility of birth certificate

cmacti

Registered Users (C)
Is it essential to get certificate of non-availibility of birth certificate from the municipality of your city of birth ?

Is it possible to get approved only with 2-4 affidavit without the municipility certificate. My wife got BC RFE and it may be difficult to get from that city because my in-laws does not live there !

I am thinking to reply with 2-4 affidavit for the time being then wait for another RFE, if any

Please share your experience & feedback,
Thanks

I read some time back on this forum that BC from High commision or consulate also acceptable to INS

May be u can search this forum for further info

I think an affidavit validated by the Indian consulate should be valid. The consulate might need some high school documents etc. showing the D.O.B .
-sai

I had a same problem and my lawyer refused me for the affidavits
from Indian Consulate. He said it is not acceptable by INS(now BCIS). Then I got to get the non-availability from municipility .

here is comments I received from my lawyer:

"
The birth certificates issued by the Indian consulate are not usable for the
purposes of U.S. immigration law. Therefore, please obtain all the
affidavits as soon as possible.

2) Regarding the question of whether we can use the Indian consulate's
certificates of unavailability or whether you must obtain these certificates
from the municipal registrar of birth in the town/village where you were
born:

We strongly recommend that you obtain these certificates from India (where
the registrar can actually check the records of birth and confirm that your
birth is not listed), and not from the Indian consulate in the U.S. (who
hand them out based on passport particulars). "

Hope it helps!

Thinking to submit afidavit for the time being and then arrange to get municipal cerificate for non-availability.

Does anybody has similar experience ?

Thanks

My spouse could get a non avilability certificate from muncipality, but I couldn't. So for me we gave only affidavits. Both of our cases got approved without RFE. My spouse was the primary applicant.

We are reading of cases where they have submitted just the
affidavits without the non-availability and come out succesfully.

So, if getting a non-availability certificate is not possible, then
try with just the affidavits. Secondary evidence like school
leaving certificate etc. would help too!

Raju

Yes, also thinking to add school certificates with 2-4 afidavits for Birth Certificate and let us see what happens !

I agree with daler02

My Lawyer also informed that The birth certificate issued by Consulate is not valid for immigration purposes. If you are unable to get Date of Birth Certificate from Muncipality, the notarized affidavits from the Parents (both Mom and Dad) on a Rs10/- stamp paper is a valid document for BCIS.

I believe this is the easiest way to get a valid document if BC is not readily available..