MUMBAI: Successful AC-140, Oct 28

I-134 etc

VVM,

thanks very much for the answers.

so, it appears that everything apart from the Appointment letter I can already prepare and have ready. is that right?

please can you tell me where I can obtain DS-230 (Part II) on the internet. is it on www.ins.gov ? Also, is it ok to carry copies of the DS-230 (part I) that we originally submitted, or do we need to fill it our again??

I am preparing for the worst case scenario that P4 does not reach before we leave for India. I know a copy of the appointment letter can be optained from the consulate by us or a representative.

thanks again, and sorry for bombarding you with the multitude of questions!

amit

PS: I am doing the i-134 etc on my own. my lawyers take their own sweet time to turn things around, and i don't feel comfortable waiting till the last minute!

question on ac-140

I have applied for I-485 and am in the long wait with TSC. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what would be some good reasons to cite to apply for AC-140.

Thank you for your help

You have to fill DS230 again irrespective of the fact that you have submitted it earlier. Go to immihelp.com,its all there and fill up the DS230 and take a print out(fyi part 1 and 2 constitute form DS230).
Also you will find the fillable I134 on the site. Fill it up(it is very simple). No need of an attorney now.Don't get hassled and stay cool.

These forms are supposed to be filled by you not ur lawyer.

Lawyers are for people who don't know to read and write.

Hi pttx/vmm,

I did concurrent filing of I-140/485. My I-140 is approved. I am thinking to go for AC140. Most of my questions is already asked by dev. Thanks for your replies.

My salary is lower than salary mentioned in LC. Does it create any problem if I go for AC140?

Once you apply for I824, generally in how many days you get receipt?
Once I apply for I824, can I request INS to cancel application and continue I485, if I change my mind, by chance?

Thanks in advance.

Hi gckadiwan,
that's kind of a compliment if I have asked almost all questions for AC140? But have I? In case you have some more questions or ideas let me know. my email is dev28@yahoo.com. which is your center? when did you get your 140 approved? how long ago did u apply for 485 and how long are you anticipating before its adjudication and by what way you are ariving at the conclusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting Pic of Immigrant Visa

When the IV is approved, you get a large brown paper envelope. Attached to the top of it with a staple is the IV approval which looks like the pic in the file. In the interest of anonymity, I've blocked out the identifying sections of the picture. Good luck.

DS 230 Part II

vvm/pttx

Few questions on DS-230 Part II-

30. e). Do any of the following apply to you-
--> An alien who seeks to enter for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor who has not been certified by the Secretary of Labor, who is s graduate of a foreign school, or......

I entered as a student on F1 to do my MBA and am currently on H1. My wife originally ebetered on H4, but then joined school and is currently on F1.

How do we answer- YES or NO

31. Have you ever been charged or arrested or convicted of any offense or crime?
I got couple of speeding tickets- but did deferrd adjudication and the ? course, so nothing on record.
Can I answer NO ?

33a). Do I want Social Security Admn to assign a SSN # or new card.
Both me and my wife have a SSN and SSN cards- do I need a new SSN ???

33b). Consent to disclosure - Can I answer NO if I answer NO in 33 a) for a new SSN/SSN card.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks very much for all your help!

Amit

please reply

Hi pttx01/vvm,

I really appreciate if you can give me reply for questions that I asked you.

Hi Dev,

I am belong to TSC. It takes 1.5-2 years for 485 approval. So, I just thought of AC140. I am not sure at this point. But I may think for AC140. I am analyzing pros and cos for AC140 versus I-485 for my case.

dear gckadiwana,
I actually got to thank pttx and Ranen for thier answers. They have been fantastic for this forum. Please email me at dev28@yahoo.com so that we can call each other and discuss further. In fact even i am not yet too sure if i am going for ac140 as of now.thanks, appreciate it.

Congrats!!

Congratulations on the cards- that is incredibly fast!
What was your POE?

Thanks again for all your help on this forum!

-Amit

You're very welcome. This is truly a great example of a CForm organization. People help, not because they're paid, but because they just want to, since we all are or have been in the same boat. Our POE was Cincinnati.. Our experience there wasn't very good (see earlier message in this thread) but at least they didn't procrastinate with sending the paperwork to Mesquite TX (the TSC). So we got the actual cards quickly.

pttx01,

Congratz on your cards....Now you have the so called freedom.

Would really appreciate if you could drop me a line at ceebeegc@yahoo.com. Had a couple of questions.

Thanks.

Hi Ceebee,
I would prefer to answer all questions on this board so that more people can benefit from the answers. If you have some really personal questions, I doubt I could answer them anyway. So please post your questions here.
regards,
PTTX01

pttx01,

Along with the I-824 receipt and attorney certified I140, we have to send the DS-230 Part1 and OF-169.

Question3. Full name in Native alphabet.....What do we fill in here.

for OF169, do we have to send just the 2 page form and sign the bottom?. What do we fill in the case number?. Im a little confused for the OF-169, do we have to check the boxes that have the list of documents that we have to keep ready.....Can u pls explain that part.

Thanks.

Hi,
heard re: INS freeze on certain applications here in US. any ripple effects to be expected in CP in India?
Planning on AC140 after filing 824. Guys I solicit your advice re: this matter.
dev
PS: GREATLY APPRECIATE pttx STAYING ON THIS FORUM AND HELPING US ALL OUT! GOD BLESS YOU!+

Dev,
I haven't heard anything about any freezes by the INS. Anyway as an Indian citizen you aren't on any "registration" list, so my guess is, it's business as usual. Good luck