Mumbai October Interview slots assigned

No reply from Mumbai

Hi all

My papers were received by them on August 4th. I was expecting a September appointment but they told me that they hope to schedule in October.

I am waiting for the list. I mailed them 2 days back. They are not replying.

Does anyone know when are they going to post the October list?

Thanks

Call them

Call the consulate 01191223637408/7
fax them 01191223630350
email them mumbaiIV@state.gov

Request them to give you October. Right now it's kind of late to request October. Do you have a case number? If so call them and give them the case number and they'll be able to tell you whether you are scheduled for October or not. Good luck.

Hello Pttx,

Congratulations for getting schedule for your interview!!

Mine is same case as yours. Just want to know few important things from you.

What are the conditions for Mumbai Consulate to accept attorney certified I-140 in EB3 category for consular processing?

H1-B stamped in the passport from the same employer who is doing his GC for AC I-140 in EB3 for CP in Mumbai???

I am filling I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Later after I-140 approval I wish to change to AC I-140 for CP in Mumbai. To do this what needs to be done in I-140 form??? Especially in Part IV of I-140 form?

Please reply back ASAP. Your reply is highly appreciated.

my excellent advice..

vpampatt.. please take what I say with a grain of salt... here's what I did
Applied I-140 with AOS option.
Got it approved (Jan2001) but then the priority dates weren't current. when they did become current, i asked my lawyer about switching to consular. they told me that it would be better to just stick with AOS as the I-824 (to switch from AOS to consular) was taking 9 months to get approved and then there was another 6 months after the case went to the NVC till the interview so we were looking at 15 months anyway. As of this year, i discovered the AC140 process, and within 3 weeks of filing my 824, with the receipt, had a case number at bombay and then 2 weeks later had my interview date.
I don't know what sense it makes to actually file the 485. It costs a lot of money and will be deemed abandoned anyway the moment you file the 824 to initiate your AC140 process (mumbai only needs the 824 receipt, not the approval to do AC140). What I would suggest is this...
Since you haven't filed your I-140 yet, just file it with the consular processing option and go that route. True, if you file with the AOS option and then do AC140 it is faster by about 3-4 months, however, note that AC140 is at the DISCRETION of the consulate. Right now mumbai is accepting any AC140 case even though on their website they talk about being less likely to accept EB3 cases (I have a Masters in Electrical Engineering but my company refused to do EB2). So my case is sadly EB3, but this hasn't been a big deal, except that had I been EB2, I would have had my green card right now because I wouldn't have had to wait for the stupid priority dates to be current last year. Stinks.. oh well...
So here's what I'd say
Do CP straight off. Don't mess with the AOS option. Who knows, the processing times could get longer. Also banking on the AC140 doesn't make sense, i wouldn't recommend it as a strategy to get your green card, rather use it for what it was intended. you filed the 485 and now changed your mind. This is because mumbai could very well say they're stopping AC140 case processing because of "load" so then you will get totally jacked as you will have to wait for the 824 to get processed in addition to the regular consular processing time. Finally only do CP if your job is rock solid.

Good news!

Thanks pttx01.

I called them yesterday night and found out that my appointment is on 22nd October :). They sent me and my lawyer Packet 4 on 6th Sep. to my US address (actually I requested them to send it to my local address in India).

Anyone else has an appointment on 22nd?