Mumbai October Interview slots assigned

you mean sept 11...extra security..possible..lets hope it does not affect the processes which were so far so good....btw mumbai assigned me a case number in two days too...:) ;)

What time do U guys try mumbai consulate?

Every time I have to keep trying for atleast half hour before getting thru.Also the connection is pretty bad.Do they have just 2 numbers?

Called the consulate today.The operator told

me that Oct dates have not been finalised yet.If the category is E2 & up,there are still good chances for making it to Oct.Any luck guys !!!

Interesting...

That the operator told you that the dates have not yet been finalized. she told me that they had been. Oh well.

I think the dates have not been finalised. My lawyer got a mail dated sept 6th. still having the same standard reply. 'we hope to schedule an interview in october'. So atleast I am sure they have not started dispatching the packet 4...

btw are the only three of us anticipating a interview in october/nov....seems strange:confused:

Despite being EB3

The operator didn't ask any particulars, not even my name. She just said that Oct slots are already full.

i dunno why are you being so fussy about being eb3. you should be happy that they considered your case. i heard eb3 was being given low priority in ac140 cases. you should be happy that they accepted ur case.cheer up man...

AC140 EB3

VVM1, you are correct. EB3 is being given low priority for AC140 cases, except when 1. the applicant is highly skilled (I have my MSEE) and 2. Worked for the same company (not a crazy job hopper -- have been with the same company for 3 years and no layoffs at my company). Therefore my case had a very small chance of being rejected as it satisfies the criteria for EB2 except that my company doesn't do EB2s as a rule (I know it's stupid but that's another story). I think you guys on this board have been fantastic. Thanks for all the advice. Now I guess we have to wait and see what happens with the October interviews. Thanks dude! and good luck!
PTTX

Just to bump it to top.Guys what's happening???

We need to keep this thread alive.The consulate has not replied to my last few emails nor am I able to get thru on the phone.What's the latest ..pttx.. & vvm1 & others(if any???)

Talked to them Monday morning IST

They said that slots have not been assigned. If I am to be assigned in October (they would/could not guarantee it) I will hear from them within a week.

Folks:
Can someone tell me what is the cut-off date for interview Scheduling at Mumbai.

If someone's case is received by the consulate by Oct 25th can he or she get Dec interviews.

I would like to hear back from all Mumbai CPers.

thanks,
Bapa

There are others...

Hello:

There are others. I am one of them.

There is another person who contacted me via cptracker.com.

He too will join in.

I emailed Mumbai yesterday. Havent yet heard from them yet.

I will try and call them up tonite.

Will keep u in the loop.

Thank you.

vasu

PS:
Bapa, there is a chance that u can make December. You should check out the other threads on the board like the "September Confirmed Interview" thread. That will clear up a lot of things for you.
Also check out www.cptracker.com.

Looks like Nov :(

Called the consulate. Talked to lady there. She said right now it's looking like Nov. What I don't understand is they still haven't scheduled anyone. Weird.

I made it...

Gang:

I have an appointment for Oct 30th 2002 at
9:30 am.

I just emailed them and they replied in about a days time.

Good Luck to others who have been waiting...

vasu

CP experts please help.....Packet 3 missing!!!!

My case was reviewed by NVC on Aug 28th and forwarded on same date to Mumbai consulate by DHL,which was delivered as per the tracking on Sept 2nd.Till date Mumbai consulate maintains that they are yet to receive my papers.They normally enter the case into their system within 2-3 days of receipt.I have also faxed to the consulate the letter from NVC ,which states that they have completed the review and the case has been forwarded to the consulate.But there is no response to the fax.When I called NVC,they say they will take action only after the consulate contacts them.On the other hand the consulate is being unco-operative.I am in a dilema as to what to do now.Has anybody faced this kind of a situation before?Pls. suggest a way out of this situation