Mumbai Nov/Dec Interviews

Packet 3 review by NVC

CP Gurus,

NVC automated message indicates that my pacekt 3 was received on Oct 26, however it has not changed ever since. I am wondering about how long does it take for NVC to review the case and send it over to the consulate (mumbai in my case) in a normal situation. Should I call them and try to find out about the delay or is it normal?

Thanks for your help.
Explorer.

explorer inc,
In my case it took less than 2 weeks for NVC to reveiw my case and forward it to Mumbai consulate. In your case it has been certainly more than 2 weeks, I would wait and check back the status on Monday and if it is not changed at that time then I would try to talk to an operator.
Good luck,
Ram_frm_RIC.

Hello,

I would like to have your view if you do not mind.
I got a letter from NVC to inform me that my case was sent to US consulate in Japan. Also, it advises me that not call there to get imformation;however,
I really would like to know about my interview date like all of you.

Do you think it would be problem if I contact them?

Respectfully,
pochi

CP Timing from scratch

How long does it take after filing for NVC after they receive an application to forward the Packet 3? Is that 2 weeks, or it is 2 weeks after a certain process is complete?

If I file now, how long will it be to get Interview in Mumbai?

Ram_Frm_RIC said:
explorer inc,
In my case it took less than 2 weeks for NVC to reveiw my case and forward it to Mumbai consulate. In your case it has been certainly more than 2 weeks, I would wait and check back the status on Monday and if it is not changed at that time then I would try to talk to an operator.
Good luck,
Ram_frm_RIC.

It's 2 week after they get form DS-230. I guess NVC overall takes 4 months. You can see latest trends by visiting cptracker.com site.

pochi said:
Hello,

I would like to have your view if you do not mind.
I got a letter from NVC to inform me that my case was sent to US consulate in Japan. Also, it advises me that not call there to get imformation;however,
I really would like to know about my interview date like all of you.

Do you think it would be problem if I contact them?

Respectfully,
pochi

I guess if the letter clearly tells you not to call to get information then I wouldn't call. But I would certainly send them an e-mail and expect some kind of response. And I am sure just like other consulates your consulate will have a web-site where they will post latest interview schedules.
Ram_frm_RIC.

Hi Ram_Frm_RIC,

Thank you for your advice.
I will check the web-site of my consulte and try to send them email by sharing your e-mail format.

I really appreciate it.
pochi

regarding pochio

Yes, definitely do not call if they asked you not to.

My lawyer said to me, that even for other applications with Vermont etc avoid calling frequently as it goes to your file. He said, INS claims these calls is wasting our time. I am not sure whether he meant the calls could harm the callers case or in general harms everyone because their resources get diverted.

I have stopped calling the NSC as a result of that.

poochi,

Unforutnately there is not much exp. out here from Japan (as a matter of fact with the exception of India, Canada, it curves down pretty sharp). So cannot judge whether email or phone call is going to do you any good.

Try checking http://cptracker.com to see any timelines for Japan.

riyaz404-t and alren:

Thank you so much for giving me your advices.
I can guess their(consulate)situation from riyaz404-t's coment and agree with alren's coment.
As alren said, I cannot see much exrerience of Japan here;nonetheless, I can get useful information from many experienced and good knowledge people. Until now,I could not find any elaborate sites for Japanese web;hence,I will check and guess my timeline from" cptracker.com".

I am very much appriciate your advice.
pochi

December Mumbai Interview Dates

Folks,

Mumbai December dates are out on the website.

I noticed that this time they have a PDF version.

Also, my BMB# shows up only once. I remember for previous months, if your spouse is also going for the interview with you, then the BMB# showed twice with same timing and date. Is this going to be a probelem?

Are any one of you guys seeing the same issue?

I do have an email from Mumbai confirming interview date for me and my wife. I will carry that but I wanted to see if this was happening for others also who are going with spouse.

Please reply.

Thanks
S

Hmm! As far as I know, the multiple no. practice had been abandoned long back. Mine was only 1 listing in May publishing.