Mumbai Nov/Dec Interviews

mav13

Registered Users (C)
My Packet 3 was sent to Mumbai on Sept 10. Per other messages in this forum and the cptracker website I assumed my interview date would be in Nov. I sent the Mumbai consulate an email asking them for the interview date range. They responded with a message that my interview would probably be in December. Should I rely on that information or still hope that my Case# shows up for a Nov interview, when the interview dates show up on Oct 15 (on Mumbai consulate website).

mav13,

I think that you should get an interview date for Nov.

Quick question: When did you send an email to Mumbai? How long did they take to respond?

My Packet3 was sent on Sept 29 and am trying to see when I should contact them?? Please let us know when your interview date is once you know.. it would help all of us here to guess when their's might be scheduled.

Thanks.
S

mav13 said:
My Packet 3 was sent to Mumbai on Sept 10. Per other messages in this forum and the cptracker website I assumed my interview date would be in Nov. I sent the Mumbai consulate an email asking them for the interview date range. They responded with a message that my interview would probably be in December. Should I rely on that information or still hope that my Case# shows up for a Nov interview, when the interview dates show up on Oct 15 (on Mumbai consulate website).

mav13,
My P3 was sent to Mumbai on 29th Sept too. I think you would get a date in November. Could you please post your date as soon as you come to know?
Ram_frm_RIC.

Sent them an email on Sunday night (10/03). Received a response from them this morning (10/05). Good turnaround time. Have not been able to get through to them via the phone. I'm still hoping the Dec timeframe is a guess on their part and they schedule the interview for Nov.

mav13 said:
Should I rely on that information or still hope that my Case# shows up for a Nov interview, when the interview dates show up on Oct 15 (on Mumbai consulate website).
Be prepared for both. In about a day would be a good time for late night ordeal in trying to talk to the consulate. If it is in Nov, they should be able to tell you now.

sanjay76 said:
My Packet3 was sent on Sept 29 and am trying to see when I should contact them?? Please let us know when your interview date is once you know.. it would help all of us here to guess when their's might be scheduled.
Most likely you should get the interview in December. Call up the consulate 1st week of Nov. to check it out.

Funny thing happened. Received an email on Monday (as mentioned earlier) from consulate in Mumbai letting me know that my interview date would probably be sometime in December. Received another email from them this morning confirming that my interview date was November 9 and that they had mailed my appointment letter on 10/06. 3.5 weeks to get my documents in order...whew!!!

Mav13,
Congratulations! That means myself and Sanjay76 should expect an early December date. Good luck with the interview and keep us posted with your progress.
Ram_frm_RIC.

Talked to Consulate....

Folks,

I finally got a chance to talk to someone in Mumbai Consulate yesterday. They said that my P3 was received on Sept. 20!. This is strange because the NVC message says that my Case was sent on Sept 29? I asked the Mumbai Consulate person twice and he confirmed that it was indeed received on Sept 20. More importantly, when I asked him about the probable interview date - the person said they can only schedule after 60 days and that I should check back towards the end of this month. He also mentioned that end of November interview date might be a possibility!! I think ..it seems like there might be a chance that my case may show up in the Oct 15 interview schedule update on the Mumbai website.

I guess I would have to wait for the website update and if my Case is not listed, I would contact the Consulate again (as suggested by them).

My suggestion (after going through this) .. would be to send an email .. this gives them the chance to reply after taking a close look at your application .. they do not want to say much on the phone.. moreover it is hard to connect to their phone lines.

S

UPDATE

Folks,

I did NOT get a November interview date but I received an email from Mumbai consulate this morning saying that they hope to schedule me for a December date.

Just wondering .. how soon would I be able to know my Interview date. Should I send them another Email ..maybe next week?

One thing I noticed there are a few people in November's Interview schedule that have a Nov first week interview. I am thinking that the Consulate has to let these people know much in advance (rather than today's website update) to schedule an interview in first week of November. If this is true, I am hoping to receive an email from them earlier than the next update. It has been almost impossible to get through their phone lines.

Please comment and/or advise.

Thanks
S

Give a weeks tim

Sanjay
i would give a week's time like on thursday/ friday ping them again and see how things are going.
My case was moved to Chennai On Oct 15th,
Im seeing if i will be lucky to get an interview date between Dec 15th to Dec 31st
In that case it should be published in the Nov 10th website update.
Im planning to send an email this friday to ping and see what are the chances.

Also before the wife leaves to india is there any thing other than PCC that we need to take care of ?????

/S

My case was sent to Mumbai on Sept 29th. Today I got a reply from consulate that my interview will be in December and I will have to wait for the web-site to get updated (mid Nov) to see my interveiw date.
How many guys out there are expecting interviews in December 2004 at Mumbai consulate?
Ram_frm_RIC.

No news yet

Mine was also sent on Sept 29 to Mumbai. will post if I hear anything.

Any suggestions as to how to know the interview date earlier than the mid November website update?

Thanks
S

sanjay, ram_frm_ric,
My case was sent to mumbai on oct 21st, got email from mumbai consulate my interview will be in december and asked to check dates within next 2 weeks. I also called today early morning to us consulate and got the same answer.

thanks,
spb999

Sanjay wanted to know the reply I got from consulate, here it is:
We have received your immigrant visa file and hope to schedule your visa interviews during Dec. 2004. You may view the list of applicants scheduled for interviews during December at our website, around mid November.
Ram_frm_RIC

Ram,
How did the consultate get your e-mail address to inform you? My case was sent on Oct 26 and I am trying to figure out how do I find out my intervieww date.
sdd

Ram_Frm_RIC said:
We have received your immigrant visa file and hope to schedule your visa interviews during Dec. 2004. You may view the list of applicants scheduled for interviews during December at our website, around mid November.
Ram_frm_RIC

SDD,
I sent them an e-mail asking about my interview date. You can send then an e-mail at MUMBAIIV@state.gov. You case was sent just couple of days back, so I would wait to see the Nov. 15th web-site update and then send them an e-mail in late November or early December. You would probably get a January date.
Good luck,
Ram_frm_RIC.

Thanks!

Ram_Frm_RIC said:
Ram_frm_RIC

email format

Guys,

Can you share the format of the email you have send to mumbai consulate, also should we ask Mumbai consulate if we need local PCC too in the email so we can print that and take it if they insist on local PCC,

Thanks,

GC