Mumbai - March 2003 Interview Tracker

Re: I-134

Originally posted by ceebee
Friends,
Couple of questions regarding I-134.

#3. That this affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person:
What should we fill in here..I guess it should be the primary applicants name

#9. That I have previously submitted affidavidt(s) of support for the following persons
I guess it should be NONE.

#10. That I have submitted visa petitions to the Immigration and Naturalization Service on behalf of the following
I guess the spouse name should be filled here.

Anyone made any ticket arrangements and scheduled their medicals?.
I guess its just the 3 of us....TeeRoy, Gpiyush and CeeBee for March...but i see many case numbers on the website....guys pls post.

Thanks.

ceebee,

# 3 : The name of the person FOR WHOM you are giving this affidavit. ( It would be your spouse or one of your children).

# 9 : If you have earlier given I-134 to anyone then mention the names here. ( Normally affidavit of support is given to parents and visitors from home )

Mention the names even if they are NOT in US now. This is a sworn statement. Mentioning the names will not harm in any way.

However, if you have not given I-134 to anyone before say
'NONE'.

# 10 : The answer should be 'None' . Because in employment categories, it is your EMPLOYER who has sponsored the petition for immigrant status for you AS WELL AS your dependents.

Say 'None'.

Last but not least, get all the I-134s notorized. Each dependent should carry one I-134.

Hope this helps.
Raju

aos and filing 824

dev28, have you checked with your attorney if filing 824 will not cancel the pending 485 immediately. my attorney is telling me he has no idea about AC140 process and has not replied to the above question. i am also in a similar boat as you, filed 485 in eb3 about 6 months back and am thinking of doing AC140 but the attorney does not seem too cooperative or is telling the truth about not knowing anything about AC140. just want to make sure that in the event that mumbai consulate for some reason does not accept the AC140 case, the pending 485 does not get cancelled.

Ceebee,

I have booked my tickets on Delta for leaving on March 5th and just made medical appointment with Hinduja on 7th morning.

My inetrview is on 12th so I will go to Gujarat on weekend and comeback to Mumabai on Tuesday.

I haven't made any hotel reservations yet.

I got good deal for ticket to India. Call my travel agent :

Bhakti Travels
972-444-9455 and ask her if she has Delta deal still open. if so, book it now.

Check out fares on http://www.bhaktitravels.com

Looks like they are updating site but call her and she may have tickets still on Delta. I got $940 + tax for Dallas-Mumbai.

Gang!
I've got my tickets reserved, flying on March 14th. Also, have scheduled our Medical appointment for March 19th. I still need to reserve the Hotel though, should do that by 1st week of March.

I was a little concerned about the category; my I-140 reads EB2 category, but the consulate website shows me in EB3 category. You guys think this would be an issue. I already have a letter from the lawyer where he’s raised this concern, and has requested to please set me in the correct category. Lets see how things turn up.

Also, I did email the consulate about the Local Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) that the Packet 4 mentions about. They promptly replied back that, I don’t need to worry about it, since I’m already in the US. I just need one PCC from my US local consulate. I'm planning to take this email printed out with me while I'm there for the interview - Just a worst-case scenario. :)

You guys keep posting your updates.

Have a great time.

AC140 from Mumbai

Hi,

This looks to be a right thread where I should be. 140 approved Dec 1st week, Submitted I824 jan 1st week, With receipt notice applied to mumbai consulate Jan end. Received case # Feb first week. No, Interview date received yet.

My Questions:
1. Is it advisable to call the Embassy for earlier interview date. Should I Expect a date atleast in April. What's your experience guys.

2. Obtained PCC from consulate General of India, Houston. Do I need to get another PCC from Subinspector of police in Mumbai. US Mumbai - Embassy website says so. Contacted Sub inspector of police in Mumbai and they said that the whole procedure would take more than 30 days, And I should be present in person over there. Any guidance on it.

3. I have already obtained notarized letter from the Employer. If my interview is in April, would that be still a valid letter or I would need it again.

4. Is I134 document necessary, my lawyer has not yet advised me for it.

Any guru's, who have experience in any of these issues, please let me know, point by point. Appreciate help.

Thanks,
AGW.

Re: AC140 from Mumbai

Originally posted by agw
Hi,

This looks to be a right thread where I should be. 140 approved Dec 1st week, Submitted I824 jan 1st week, With receipt notice applied to mumbai consulate Jan end. Received case # Feb first week. No, Interview date received yet.

My Questions:
1. Is it advisable to call the Embassy for earlier interview date. Should I Expect a date atleast in April. What's your experience guys.

2. Obtained PCC from consulate General of India, Houston. Do I need to get another PCC from Subinspector of police in Mumbai. US Mumbai - Embassy website says so. Contacted Sub inspector of police in Mumbai and they said that the whole procedure would take more than 30 days, And I should be present in person over there. Any guidance on it.

3. I have already obtained notarized letter from the Employer. If my interview is in April, would that be still a valid letter or I would need it again.

Any guru's, who have experience in any of these issues, please let me know, point by point. Appreciate help.

Thanks,
AGW.

1. No comment . Get feedback from someone who has gone this route.

2. If you are currently living in US, the PCC you have is sufficient.
You do not need a PCC from local authorities.

3. The letter you have is OK. Carry the latest paystubs, to substantiate if necessary.

4. I-134 or Affidavit of support is necessary, if you have any dependents that are applying for GC with you.

Raju

PCC Question to all March Interviewers

This is to all the AC140 People going for March Interview,

Are you all planning to get local PCC other than the ones you got from the Indian Embassy in USA?

All the best to all of you. Cheers!
VinCP.

Re: AC140 from Mumbai

Originally posted by agw
Hi,

My Questions:

You can try calling the Consulate for an earlier interview. I don't think they will entertain your request. Everybody wants an earliest interview. I don't think you have a chance unless you have a good reason for that and may be you can pull some strings.

If you have been in US for a while and not spent more than 6 months at a stretch, then all you ONLY need is a PCC from Indian Consulate/Embassy in US.

It's nice to have a employment letter as close as possible to the interview date. But there is no such expiry date/period for an employment letter. The current letter you have should suffice the needs.

You will need a notorized I-134 for all your dependents. So start working on it.

Thanks,
AGW.

Last edited by a moderator:
IRS 9003 Form missing

In my packet IV, it talks about IRS Form 9003 as enclosure but I did not get this form in package.

Any idea about this form? Is it still required? Where can I find this form as neither IRS/INS/DS sites have it.

Never Mind.. Here is a official memo from Collin Powell...

http://travel.state.gov/state094440.html

leaving today for Mumbai

All,

I am leaving today for Mumbai and Medical is scheduled at Hinduja on Friday. I will let you know my experiences as soon as I can.

No hotel arrangements required for me as number of family members in Mumbai...

gpiyush,
All the best and keep us posted on your experiences.

Do we require 2 copies of the Employment letter to be notorized or just one is enough.

Thanks and all the best once more.

EVL

Employment Verification Letter.

ceebee,

You need to carry 1 original . The consulate will keep the original.
You can include a copy in your dependents file, if there are any.

Raju

Clarification on Employment Letter

Ok, Here is the clarification for your employement letter.

You need Notarised Employement Letter for Employment Based Cases. It does not matter whether its rubber-stamped or Metal Embossed Seal on the Letter. Its free of charge if you go to your bank and request them to do it. Thats why get 2-3 original letters signed from your boss and get them notarized. 2-3 depending upon the numbe of dependents. And make 2 copies of it if they want copies.

Hope this helps.
VinCP.

Medical @ Hinduja

Friends,

Medical at Hinduja was very smooth. Staff is very courteous and they aslo offer you breakfast once your blood + Xray is done. They did not ask me whether I had ate anything before going there and during appointment they told me that I can have breakfast in the morning before we go there.

Here is how it went...

Reached at Hinduja at 6:45 AM. Nobody was there in line. I was the first one and ONLY employment case.

Paid fees at Counter 4 in cash $1700/person.

Takew the receipts and go to third floor and wait in TV room. Statred watching replays of World Cup[ matches.

Called us in for checking basic stuff - height, weight, I also gave them vaccination docs. No vaccination required for me and my wife as we already had records for MMR. (measle, mumos and Rubella). Aslo gave them 2 passport size pictures and asked us to sign in tha back. Good idea to also write your name and case number in back so in case it is detached, they can find proper forms for it.

Again went back to TV Room. Callled us for Blood test and drawn blood. Very good technician as no one in US can find my wife's vain in first try and he did a great job at it. Nurses were very smart and courteous.

Again wait in TV room and then they took ALL for X-ray. We had to wait a lot at X-ray as patients have higher priority butr in 30-45 minutes they covered all 30+ people.

Took us for breakfast and then free for next 3 hours as everything was over by 10:30.

Call us back @ 1:30 PM. Sit. sit and just sit as doctor's were little occupied. Called us in around 2:30 PM. Dr. Dastur asked us basic questions like ever had TB, age etc.. Asked us to sign one of the midical form and verified signature with passport. Doesn't matter if it differs as he just has to see that you are correct person.

Gave us reports in 15 minutes after that and we were all set.

Ask me any questions regarding medical and I will try to answer them.

Cool got the medical done

Cool got the medical done, congrats on the first stage.
Was the Money for medical $1700 or Rs.1700/- per person. I am positive it is Rs. just want to make sure.

When is your interview and did u get your immigraiton photos and the rest. Can u list the documents you are taking for the interview. Appreciate it.

Thanks and All the Best on your interview.
VinCP.

TeeRoy,
All the best for your medicals and interview.
Please keep us posted on your experiences.

Thanks.

Successful CP on 21st March

Friends,
Please see the previous post.
Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks.